This single serving English muffin is so easy to whip up and cooks in just 90 seconds in the microwave. It only takes 4 ingredients to make. It is a great low carb substitute for English muffins.
I love quick and easy breads I can make in the microwave, especially when I need just one for a meal. This one comes together in just a few minutes and takes less than two minutes to cook. When it first comes out of the microwave, it is soft and bread-like but a little plain. But once you toast it, it makes such a difference! It really satisfied my craving for an English muffin.
- Almond Flour
- Baking Powder
Almond Flour and Substitute
Make sure to use superfine blanched almond flour. Regular almond meal or flour will not yield the same result. If you are looking for a nut-free version or want to use coconut flour instead, please check out this my low carb paleo english muffin recipe which uses coconut flour.
While this bread can be eaten right after it’s done cooking, I highly recommend that you toast it similar to how English muffins are usually served toasted. The bread can be warmed in a nonstick skillet until both sides are lightly browned and toasted. Toasting the bread really transforms the taste and makes it feel more like an English muffin.
More Easy Microwave Bread Recipes
Keto Microwave English Muffin
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- 3 tbsp superfine blanched almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 large egg
- Add butter to a 4 inch wide ramekin and melt in the microwave for a few second until butter is completely melted. Swirl the melted butter around until it coats the entire bottom of the ramekin.
- Add in remaining ingredients. Use a small whisk to mix until everything is evenly mixed. Make sure your egg is thoroughly combined and no egg white streaks remain.
- Place muffin into microwave and cook for approximately 90 seconds at full power. Muffin should pull away from the sides of the ramekin when it is done. Let muffin cool before removing. You can use a spatula to help loosen the edges and bottom to remove the muffin when it has cooled.
- Slice muffin in half. Toast muffin in a nonstick skillet over low heat until both sides are lightly browned. Serve with butter or other spreads of your choice.
- If you use unsalted butter, add a pinch of salt to the batter.
- My microwave is 1100 watts. Cooking time may vary depending on the wattage of your microwave.
- If you are looking for a coconut flour version, I have a coconut flour version here.
- The cooking time will vary if you use something other than a 4 inch wide ramekin.
- If your skillet is not nonstick, make sure to grease it before toasting the muffin slices.
- If you want to make your muffin look even more like a regular English muffin, you can dust the top and bottom with toasted almond flour (which I did in the photos).
- The net carbs count excludes fiber. If you are on the keto diet, please remember to look at the net carbs and not just total carbs.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.