These mini frittatas are a cute portable breakfast that you can customize with your favorite add-ins. My version has bacon, cheese, and peppers and they are so easy to make. Make them for a grab-and-go breakfast or for brunch.
I love eggs and can eat them for any meal, but I especially love them for breakfast and these mini frittatas are my newest favorite way to serve them. They’re easy to make, portable, and great for any meal. Plus, you can customize them with your favorite mix-ins.
Mini Frittatas Recipe
- Shredded cheese
- Cooked bacon
- Chopped bell peppers
Just whisk the eggs, milk, and salt together in a bowl. Pour the mixture into a greased muffin pan.
Add the shredded cheese, bacon and bell peppers. The fillings will initially sink to the bottom of the muffin cup, but as the eggs cook the fillings will rise up to the top.
Bake the mini frittatas for about 15 minutes or until they are puffy and lightly golden around the edges. Serve warm.
These were really easy to whip up and I like how versatile they are with the fillings. These would be perfect for brunch or for a portable on-the-go breakfast.
Different Mix-Ins for Mini Frittatas
You can easily change up the mix-ins for these mini frittatas. I like to add about one tablespoon of add-ins for each frittata. Here are some ideas!
- Chopped green onion, red onion, or minced garlic
- Chopped spinach or kale
- Fresh herbs like parsley, chives, cilantro, or thyme
- Switch up the cheese and try shredded pepper jack, gruyere, cheddar, or provolone
- Diced ham or chopped breakfast sausage, just be sure to precook it!
- Mushrooms would work well, too, but you will need to cook them first.
These mini frittatas were really easy to whip up and I like how versatile they are with the fillings. I’ll definitely make these again. I couldn’t stop popping them into my mouth.
More Egg Recipes
Of course, I have a lot of favorite egg recipes and these mini frittatas are a newest on my long list. If you love eggs, too, here are a few more recipes to check out:
- Instant Pot Sous Vide Egg Bites
- Omelet Muffins
- Sheet Pan Egg in a Hole
- Eggs en Cocotte
- Green Eggs and Ham Cups
- Breakfast Muffins with Eggs Inside
- Mini Quiche
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Assorted mix-ins I used shredded cheese, finely chopped cooked bacon, finely chopped bell peppers
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease about 10 molds of mini muffin pan.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, and salt in a medium bowl, then evenly distribute the egg mixture among the muffin cups.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of mix-ins to each cup.
- Bake the frittatas until they are puffy and the edges are golden brown, about 15 minutes. Loosen with knife and serve warm.
- Nutrition estimate does not include the add-ins.
- Recipe slightly adapted from Family Fun
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.