Over the weekend I made some mini quiche, making quite a few so that we have some extras to bring for breakfast during the week.
I had some leftover ready-made pie crust from my mini pecan pies and I was trying to figure out what to do with it, and came up with the idea to make mini quiche. These are small, easy to carry, and you can just pop them in your mouth.
I filled mine with ham, broccoli and swiss cheese, but you can add other proteins, veggies and cheeses. These are really easy to put together and you can also serve them at a brunch or party.
- 1 pre-made pie crust
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup broccoli chopped finely
- 1/4 cup ham diced into small cubes
- 1/4 cup shredded swiss cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Whisk eggs in a medium bowl. Then add in milk, broccoli, ham, cheese, salt and pepper. Whisk together to incorporate ingredients.
- Grease mini muffin pan or mini tartlette pan. roll out pie crust and using a round glass rim that is slightly bigger than the size of your mini molds, cut circles. Place circles into mini molds, pressing dough into the mold. Pour about 1 tbsp of batter into each mini quiche mold, or until about 3/4 full. Cook in oven for about 15 minutes or until eggs are cooked and pie crust turns a light brown.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.