These mini eggs cups are made with crispy bacon and scrambled eggs. They are a bite-sized fun way to have breakfast.
Aren’t these so cute? And they are tasty, too. Eat your bacon and eggs for breakfast in mini egg cup form.
I love breakfast cups and have done quite a few versions and these mini bacon egg cups are the cutest ones yet. Normally, I crack a whole egg into the cups but for this version I used scrambled eggs. That way the bacon cup can hold them without falling apart.
I got the idea from Lifehacker when they featured an article on bacon cups varieties, including mini cups made by Peter Callahan. I didn’t read his recipe before making these. I’ll have to try his version next time.
Before you make your cups you will need to scramble your eggs. I like to cook them to a soft state since they will cook more in the oven.
You will also need precooked bacon. I buy mine at Costco, which is really convenient. It’s bacon that is partially cooked. I don’t recommend using raw bacon because it will take much longer to cook and since the eggs are already done they will be really overcooked.
You can precook your own by frying it in a pan until it’s cooked but not yet crispy. Just be sure to drain off the excess grease.
How to Make Mini Bacon Cups
- Take one strip of bacon and cut off 1/3 of it. This will be the bottom of the cup.
- Take the longer piece and make a ring. Place it in a mini muffin pan so it is lining the edges.
- Take the other piece and place it in the center of the muffin mold. Use your finger to push it down into the cup so it covers the bottom of the mold.
- The second piece will cover the sides so they overlap the piece that is lining the sides of the mold. You want them to overlap as this will make the cup more solid and stable.
- Spoon the scrambled eggs into the cup and bake them at 350°F for 10 to 15 minutes or until the bacon is crispy.
These are perfect for an on-the-go breakfast or for brunch. They are deceptively small but each cup consists of one strip of bacon so careful not to overindulge!
If you want more breakfast ideas you might like these recipes, too:
Mini Bacon Egg Cups
- 8 slices of precooked bacon
- 2 eggs cooked scrambled
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Take one slice of precooked bacon, and cut off the fat end of the bacon, about 1 1/2 inches or about 1/3 length of the strip. Take the longer part of the bacon and make a ring, lining the inside of a mini muffin mold. Take the remaining shorter wide portion and put into the center of the mold and push down so it lines the bottom of the mold. There should be some excess from this small piece of bacon that should curves up the sides so that the two pieces overlap and hold their form when baked.
- Spoon in scrambled eggs. Bake for 10-15 minutes until bacon reaches desired crispness.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.