This rich Nutella hot chocolate is the perfect beverage to keep you warm this winter. You only need two ingredients and it’s ready in about five minutes. This hot cocoa with chocolate hazelnut spread is always a favorite cold-weather drink to sip on.
With this cold weather, I’ve been craving hot cocoa, apple cider, and soups.
Lately, I’ve come across several “best hot chocolate” recipes, but my personal favorite is Nutella hot chocolate. Don’t let the light color fool you. The Nutella tastes so rich in this chocolate drink. I made mine with pure milk and Nutella, which is why the coloring is a little light. You can add some cocoa powder for a darker colored beverage.
This is so easy to make. You just heat up milk in the microwave or stove, stir in the Nutella until it’s completely melted and mixed. The top layer naturally develops a milk foam and there is a thicker layer of Nutella milk right underneath the foam.
- Milk – You can use any kind of milk you like including almond milk or other non-dairy milk. For a rich hot chocolate, whole milk works best.
How to Make it
You can make it on the stove or in the microwave.
Stovetop: Warm the milk in a small saucepan over medium heat to medium-high heat until it’s simmering hot but not boiling. Add the Nutella and whisk the mixture until the Nutella is melted.
Microwave: Pour the milk into a microwave-safe mug or small container. Heat the milk until it’s almost boiling and then add the Nutella and stir to combine.
Tip: If you use the microwave method, you may need to warm the hot chocolate after you’ve mixed the milk and Nutella to ensure the spread is completely melted into the drink.
What else can you add to Nutella hot chocolate?
- Add a splash of vanilla extract when you warm the milk for extra flavor.
- You can garnish your Nutella hot cocoa with marshmallows or some whipped cream.
- Sprinkle some mini chocolate chips or grated chocolate over the top of the whipped cream for decoration. Or you can drizzle some chocolate syrup over the top.
This recipe makes enough for one Nutella hot chocolate, but you can double or triple it to make more servings. If you make a bigger batch, I think it’s easier to make it on the stove in a large saucepan.
I always look forward to making this 2 ingredient Nutella hot chocolate recipe when the weather gets cooler. It’s so easy to make and the rich Nutella taste is always so good. I hope you try it.
More Recipes to Try
Nutella Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2- 2 tbsp Nutella
- Heat milk in microwave or stove until almost boiling. Add in the Nutella and stir until completely mixed and melted. If using microwave, you may need to reheat the milk after adding the Nutella to get it completely melted.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.