This quick and easy pumpkin spice mug cake is made even more delicious with a generous swirl of Nutella. It takes just minutes to make in the microwave and is a great single-serving cake for fall.
Nutella and pumpkin is a great combination. I love the rich and chocolatey Nutella swirled into the pumpkin cake flavored with fall spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Every fall I make Nutella Swirl Pumpkin Cookies and Pumpkin Nutella Cakes and now I’m sharing this Nutella Swirled Pumpkin Mug Cake which is a quick dessert for one when you’re in the mood for a fall treat but don’t want to make a big batch of cookies or a large cake This mini cake is so light and fluffy you wouldn’t even guess that it’s made in the microwave.
How to Make a Nutella Swirled Pumpkin Mug Cake
- I recommend using a large microwave-safe mug for this recipe. I like to use a small whisk to combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, milk, oil, and pumpkin puree because it’s easier to get a smooth batter without having to overmix it.
- The ingredient list looks long for this recipe but that’s because of the number of spices, which give the cake a great spiced flavor. You can omit the cloves and ginger, but I prefer this mug cake with all of the spices.
- To make it easier to swirl, heat the Nutella in the microwave for 10 to 15 seconds. I use a fork to swirl the Nutella into the batter.
- Cook the cake in the microwave at full power for one minute and 15 seconds.
Nutella Swirled Pumpkin Mug Cake
- 4 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 2 tbsp fat free milk
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/16 tsp ground ginger
- 1/16 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tbsp Nutella spread
- In a large microwave-safe mug, add all ingredients except Nutella. Mix with a small whisk until no lumps remain in the batter.
- Add Nutella to a small bowl and heat up in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds to soften Nutella. Drop Nutella into the batter and swirl a few times with a fork. Place mug into microwave and cook at full power for about 1 minute and 15 seconds or until cake is done. Allow cake to cool a few minutes before eating.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.