These orange chicken wings are just like regular orange chicken but served up as wings instead. They’re great for parties and entertaining!
With Lunar New Year approaching, I thought I’d do an Asian-themed recipe week, starting with these orange chicken wings. Crispy baked wings are glazed with a sticky orange sauce.
It’s basically like a regular orange chicken recipe but using wings instead. These were so pretty and bright, and they tasted delicious.
- Chicken wings
- Chopped scallions or green onions
- Orange juice
- Granulated sugar
- Light soy sauce
- Minced garlic cloves
- Minced ginger
- Sriracha or a few pinches of red pepper flakes – increase the amount if you want spice orange chicken wings.
How to Make Baked Chicken Wings with Orange Sauce
Pat the wings try and lay them in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake them for about 40 to 50 minutes at 400°F or until they are cooked through (165°F), and the skin is crispy.
About 10 minutes before the wings are done, make the sauce. Combine the orange juice, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and sriracha in a small saucepan. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch with water. Add this mixture to the sauce and stir until the sauce is thickened. This should only take about a minute.
Brush the orange glaze on the baked wings. Place them on a plate and sprinkle the scallions over the top for garnish.
I think these wings are best when they are made. The sauce will soften the crispy skin when they are refrigerated.
If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. I recommend reheating them in an air fryer or in the oven.
These wings are perfect for your next party. They make such a delicious appetizer, and the prep work is pretty easy too.
More Chicken Wing Recipes
- Baked Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Korean Style Grilled Chicken Wings
- Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
- Crispy Baked Chicken Wings
Orange Chicken Wings
- 2.5 lb party chicken wings
- chopped scallions optional garnish
for the glaze
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- 1/8 cup light soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp ginger minced
- 1/2 tsp sriracha
- 1 tbsp cornstarch + 2 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper. Pat wings dry with paper towel and then lay them on a baking sheet. Place into oven and roast for about 40-50 minutes or until the skins of the wings reach desired crispness.
- When chicken is about 10 minutes from finished, make the sauce on the stove. Add all sauce ingredients except the cornstarch + 2 tbsp water. Bring to a simmer, stirring in between. In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in water, then add to the mixture. Stir until sauce becomes thick (should take less than 1 minute). Brush finished wings with glaze. Garnish with scallions if desired.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.