With Lunar New Year approaching, I thought I’d do an Asian themed recipe week, starting with these orange chicken wings. Crispy baked wings are glazed with a sticky orange sauce.
It’s basically like regular orange chicken, but using wings instead. These were so pretty and bright and they tasted delicious.
I hope everyone had a good weekend. I decided to host a Lunar New Year party. It was a little tiring cooking for so many people and being a food blogger, I definitely felt some pressure. But it was so much fun to spend the time with my friends and catch up. I’ll share some of the photos of the dishes I made later this week.
I spent most of Monday resting and definitely not cooking. I really love three day weekends. I feel so recharged after. I wish we could have them once a month instead of just a few times a year.
These wings are perfect for your next party. They make such a delicious appetizer and the prep work is pretty easy too. If you like this recipe you might like my Baked Garlic Parmesan Wings and Korean Style Grilled Chicken Wings, too.
Orange Chicken Wings
- 2.5 lb party chicken wings
- chopped scallions optional garnish
for the glaze
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- 1/8 cup light soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp ginger minced
- 1/2 tsp sriracha
- 1 tbsp cornstarch + 2 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper. Pat wings dry with paper towel and then lay them on a baking sheet. Place into oven and roast for about 40-50 minutes or until the skins of the wings reach desired crispness.
- When chicken is about 10 minutes from finished, make the sauce on the stove. Add all sauce ingredients except the cornstarch + 2 tbsp water. Bring to a simmer, stirring in between. In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in water, then add to the mixture. Stir until sauce becomes thick (should take less than 1 minute). Brush finished wings with glaze. Garnish with scallions if desired.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.