Did you know it’s really easy to make your own pita chips?
Okay these aren’t made-from-scratch. But they are easy and totally customizable. You can make various shapes, flavors, etc. And it’s so fast too!
I was given some vouchers to buy Arnold, Brownberry, and Oroweat Sandwich Thins & Pocket Thins, and Thomas’ Bagel Thins bagels. At the end of this post I’m doing a giveaway for a $25 Visa gift card and some vouchers for the above products.
I had trouble finding the pocket thins and bagel thins at my local Vons, but I was able to get the sandwich Thins. I’m sure I would have been able to find the other products if I tried some other markets, but I was pressed for time.
Just like the name states, it’s basically a thinner version of sandwich bread. It’s great for those counting carbs. I personally don’t like a lot of bread on my sandwiches, so these are perfect: they give me the bread needed for a sandwich without making it too bready.
Each set is only 100 calories with 21 gram of carbohydrates and only 1 gram of sugar.
My second thought after making sandwiches was to make pita-like chips. I’ve never made my own pita chips but these slices seemed thin enough to make my own.
All you need to do is cut them into small pieces, brush some olive oil, and then sprinkle some seasoning to flavor them. I did a garlic & herb blend but you can do whatever you feel like.
These were ready in 6 minutes. I loved them! Mr. K did too and he doesn’t even usually like pita chips.
I was able to make quite a few with only a few pieces. Mr. K asked me to make more after we finished the first batch. These are so easy that I will definitely make them again.
The recipe is at the end of this post!
Now onto the giveaway: One lucky winner will receive a $25 Visa gift card and some vouchers towards the above products (note: the coupons should be enough to get the product for free but they do have a dollar value: up to $4 for the sandwich thins and rolls and up to $5 for the Thomas product). The giveaway is handled through PromoSimple so be sure all your entries are posted within the PromoSimple tool box. Any comment entries put at the end of this post will not be counted. Good luck!
- Oroweat sandwich thins you can also use pita pockets or bagel thins
- extra virgin olive oil about 1 tbsp for each set of thins; each set of thins can be sliced into 12 chips
- seasoning of your choice for flavoring I did garlic & herb blend
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice sandwich thins. I sliced them in half, and then each half into thirds. Place the sandwich thins on the baking sheet. Brush surface with olive oil. Sprinkle seasoning on each.
- Bake for about 6 minutes or until chip edges turn a medium brown and chips are completely crunchy all the way through. Eat immediately and store remainder in an airtight container.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.