Remember when you used to dunk scoops of ice cream into soda to make your own homemade ice cream sodas as a kid? It was a constant afternoon treat for me and my friends during hot summer days. Well, this is like that, except a more grown up version.
You can use any sorbet, but I chose a dark color because I was trying to get something festive for Fourth of July. I had been eyeing this Ciao Bella Blackberry Cabernet sorbet on my last few shopping trips and this was the perfect excuse for me to buy it and try it out. I love the dark red purple hue.
When the sorbet goes into your bubbly, it separates, creating a two-toned drink. This is so easy and perfect to serve at a party this summer.
If you like this recipe, you might like my champagne cocktails with fruit ice, too!
Sorbet Champagne Cocktails
- champagne of your choice (see note)
- sorbet of your choice (see note)
- Pour champagne into glasses. Shortly before serving, add a scoop of sorbet into each glass. The sorbet will begin to melt and eventually will separate to two layers.
- You can use any flavor you like, but the darker color ones will show a more distinct two-tone color as the ice cream melts in the champagne.
- I tend to like a sweeter champagne for this cocktail. You can also use sparkling wines or wine spritzers instead of champagne.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
Trying for thanksgiving…maybe a mint or Rosemary garnish?
This is amazing! I love it:)
I’m happy to hear that!