This spicy, cheesy dip is a perfect “game day” TV viewing food.
Football season has started and while we don’t actually watch any games in our house except the Super Bowl, I have been in the mood for TV viewing snacks. This spicy buffalo chicken dip is a perfect choice. I made a sriracha buffalo sauce rather than using regular buffalo hot sauce. While I’m not quite sriracha obsessed, I do prefer it to other hot sauces because of the complexity of flavors.
The dip is layered with cubed chicken tossed in the sauce, ranch dressing, cream cheese and mozzarella cheese. It’s definitely a keeper. If you like this recipe you might like my nacho cheese sauce recipe, too.
Sriracha Buffalo Chicken Cheese Dip
- 1 lb chicken breast cut into small cubes (about 1/2 inch x 1/2 inch)
- 1 (8-oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 6 tbsp butter
- 9 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. To prepare buffalo sauce, melt butter in a skillet. Turn off stove as soon as butter is melted and before it begins to bubble. Add in sriracha sauce and stir until sauce is uniform. In a separate pan, cook chicken cubes until done. Pour half of the sauce in with the chicken and coat chicken.
- In a 9-inch baking pie plate, spread softened cream cheese across the bottom until smooth. Add chicken on top. Add ranch dressing on top of chicken. Pour remaining hot sauce on top. Finally, top with shredded mozzarella.
- Bake about 15-20 minutes until completely heated and top cheese layer starts to blister. If you can't get the nice blister effect, turn oven up to 400°F for an additional few minutes until it does. Serve hot with tortilla chips.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.