I’m pretty excited that the Giants won the World Series, so I’m sharing with you this delicious 7-layer pizza dip. It’s the perfect party/tv watching/game day food.
You can customize the dip however you like, incorporating your favorite pizza toppings. You do want to stay away from ingredients that will produce a lot of water when heated, like mushrooms and peppers.
Sorry for the lack of appetizing photos. The rainy weather and gloomy days in San Diego recently have not been good for taking photos. For my version, I did tomato sauce, ground sausage (turkey so I felt slightly less guilty), fresh Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, cooked chopped broccoli, pepperoni, mozzarella, and another layer of pepperoni for good measure.
You assemble all your layers and then you bake it in the oven until it’s heated through and the cheese is melted and bubbling. Serve it with tortilla chips, pita bread, etc. Enjoy!
7 Layer Pizza Dip
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cups cooked ground turkey sausage
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoning
- 1 cup chopped cooked broccoli
- 1 cup mini pepperoni
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- additional mini pepperoni for sprinkling on surface
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Take a regular-sized deep dish baking casserole pan (please note the one in the photo was for half the serving this recipe makes). Starting with tomato sauce, spread it evenly across the bottom layer. Then layer on the second ingredient, and repeating with remaining until you have completed your layered dip.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until cheese turns bubbling. Serve with tortilla chips, pita bread, or anything else you desire.
- You can customize the fillings for this dip, but I don't recommend using ingredients that will release a lot of moisture while they cook like mushrooms and peppers.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.