If you love Nutella, this is a Nutella twist on Strawberry Shortcakes, adding a Nutella whipped cream in the middle. Nutella and strawberries are a delicious pairing!
Today is National Strawberry Shortcake Day!
The sweet berries are topped with Nutella cream and sandwiched between two honey glazed biscuit slices.
Normally I would make my biscuits from scratch, especially since I have this easy 3-ingredient biscuit recipe. But I had some leftover Pillsbury dough from my Nutella waffle experimenting so I decided to use them up.
These were ready in minutes and they tasted delicious. Just writing this post makes me wish I still had some tucked away in the fridge. Oh well. I guess I’ll just have to make some more!
*Disclosure: I was provided coupons for Driscoll’s berries and a $20 Whole Foods gift card for baking supplies to create a Strawberry Shortcake inspired post for National Strawberry Shortcake Day.
Strawberry Nutella Shortcakes
- 1 pint strawberries hulled
- 2 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 1 can premade biscuit dough or use my 3 ingredient biscuit recipe
- honey for glaze
for the Nutella cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp white granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp Nutella
- Mix strawberries and sugar in a bowl and let them sit for about 30 minutes.
- Bake the biscuits according to instructions.
- Make the Nutella cream by adding cream, sugar and Nutella into a mixing bowl and whipping on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Slice biscuits in half. Microwave about 2 tbsp of honey for about 15 seconds. Brush tops of biscuits with honey. Slice strawberries and add to bottom biscuit rounds. Pipe Nutella cream on top of the berries. Place honey glazed biscuits on top of the cream.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.