Sweet Avocado Smoothie
This creamy avocado smoothie is made with just four simple ingredients and no additional fruit, letting the avocado flavor shine through. It is a healthier version of a popular Vietnamese shake.
This post is sponsored by The California Avocado Commission.
My fridge is currently filled with avocados so I have been trying to use them in just about everything, from no-churn ice cream to avocado chips to smoothies. This smoothie is not your typical avocado smoothie. Most avocado smoothies I come across are either green smoothies mixed with vegetables or fruit smoothies mixed with other fruits (which masks the avocado flavor).
This smoothie is a sweet smoothie that tastes like avocados. It may seem unusual to try eating sweetened avocado, but it really works! The drink is inspired by a traditional Vietnamese avocado shake.
Sinh Tố Bơ is a Vietnamese avocado shake. It’s sweet, thick and creamy and tastes like an avocado-flavored milkshake. The traditional version uses a lot of condensed milk to sweeten the drink and create a thick milkshake-like texture.
However, this is a lightened version that tastes just as creamy and delicious. My version is made with avocado, milk, ice, and just a touch of honey. You can also substitute the honey with other liquid sweeteners like agave syrup. You can also reduce carbs by using a sugar-free syrup.
Avocado in Smoothies
- Avocado is all you need to create an ultra-creamy base for this shake.
- Choose avocados that are very ripe. When you gently press on the skin, it should be soft and give in a little.
- I use California Hass avocados because hass avocados have a creamier texture.
- 1 large ripe avocado skin and seed removed
- 1 cup ice
- 1 cup milk I used fat free milk but you can also use almond milk or other milk substitutes
- 3 tbsp honey or more as needed (can substitute with sugar free syrup)
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high speed until smooth. Taste and adjust as needed. If you prefer a thinner consistency, you can add more milk. If you prefer a sweeter drink, you can add more sweetener. Serve immediately.
- Use avocados that are very ripe. When you gently press on the skin, it should be soft and give in a little.
- I recommend hass avocados because they have a creamier texture.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have. All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Amount Per Serving (0.5 of recipe)
Calories 257 Calories from Fat 108
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g6%
Vitamin A 395IU8%
Vitamin C 10.1mg12%
Net Carbs 33g66%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.