Once you learn how to make this easy pizza dough, you’ll never need to order or go out for pizza again. You don’t need any yeast and you don’t have to spend time waiting for the pizza dough to rise. Just mix, knead, and roll out the dough. Top it with your favorite toppings and you will have a fresh-baked pizza in about 20 minutes from start to finish.
I am so so, so excited to share this easy pizza dough today. Not only is this pizza dough the easiest ever, but your entire pizza is ready in about 20 minutes from start to finish–including baking time. And the results are amazing.
No yeast, no rising time. The crust bubbles up and is crispy and thin. It tastes just like one of the restaurant-style thin crust stone oven pizzas that are now trending at restaurants. This pizza dough is so easy to make at home – next time I think I’ll make a Caesar salad, too, and there won’t be any reason to go out for pizza again.
You can do whatever toppings you want. DH wanted the traditional pepperoni and cheese. I opted for a white sauce-less pizza with figs and mushrooms. The possibilities for this easy pizza dough are endless. Next time I want to add a fried egg, maybe drizzle some truffle oil.
I ended up with this easy pizza dough after trying a recipe I found for 2 ingredient pizza dough, but I couldn’t get the dough to work as the recipe stated. Even after adding more flour and a lot of kneading, my dough didn’t become elastic and pliable.
So, I fiddled around with it and baked it and hoped for the best. And got something amazing. I don’t think this is how the original pizza dough recipe was supposed to turn out based on the description, but I love this version so much better.
If you love thin and crispy pizza crust, I think you will really like this recipe.
Easy Pizza Dough Ingredients
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Plain non-fat strained Greek yogurt (I like Fage brand)
- Cornmeal and extra flour
For the best results, you will need a pizza stone for this recipe which creates a crispy crust and ensures your pizza bakes evenly in the oven.
How to make the Pizza Dough
- Combine all but ¼ cup of the flour, salt, baking powder, and yogurt. I use my stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Switch to the dough hook attachment and knead the mixture for 5 minutes. At this point, the dough will be very sticky. Add the rest of the flour. Knead a few more times just until the dough comes together. Don’t overmix it otherwise, the dough will turn sticky again.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface and divide it into two pieces. Roll each piece into a round about 1/4” thick.
- Sprinkle the pizza stone with some cornmeal. This will make it easy to remove the cooked pizza from the oven. Top your pizza dough with your toppings and bake it on the pizza stone at 425°F for about 10 minutes. Only bake one pizza at a time.
Do I have to use a pizza stone to make homemade pizza?
For this recipe, I recommend using a pizza stone. As the oven heats up, the stone gets hot and will cook your pizza faster and more evenly. It will also create the crispy crust. I have not tested this recipe without a pizza stone, so if you try it let us know how it went in the comments.
Can I make this easy pizza dough without a stand mixer?
I have not tried making this pizza dough without a stand mixer. I imagine you can make it by hand, but the dough is very sticky at first which might make it difficult to work with.
What kinds of cheese are best for homemade pizza?
I like good melting cheese on my pizza like mozzarella and provolone. You can also get creative and try different types of cheese like Gruyere, good quality cheddar cheese, crumbled feta cheese, or Monterey jack cheese. Here are some topping combinations to try if you want some ideas:
- Mediterranean Pizza: grilled chicken, black olives, sun-dried tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and feta cheese.
- Hawaiian Pizza: Ham or Canadian bacon, fresh pineapple chunks, mozzarella cheese.
- Sausage Supreme Pizza: marinara sauce, crumbled cooked sausage, mushrooms, green peppers, black olives, mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese
- Spinach Artichoke Pizza: white sauce (like jarred Alfredo sauce), chopped fresh spinach, chopped artichoke hearts, mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- BBQ Chicken Pizza: BBQ sauce, cooked shredded chicken, cooked bacon crumbles, sliced red onions, mozzarella cheese, and cheddar cheese.
- Three Cheese Pizza: marinara or tomato sauce, chopped fresh herbs like parsley or chives, gruyere cheese, provolone cheese and Parmesan cheese
More Easy Dough Recipes
I love recipes like this easy pizza dough. Be sure to check out some of my other easy recipes for even more ideas.
- 2 Ingredient Bagels
- 2 Ingredient Soft Pretzels
- 2 Ingredient Biscuits
- Flourless Cheesy Breadsticks
- 7-Up Biscuits
World's Easiest Pizza Crust
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/8 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek strained fage yogurt
- extra flour and cornmeal for dusting
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Mix 1 1/4 cups of flour (reserve 1/4 cup), salt, baking powder and yogurt together. Use knead attachment on mixing bowl and mix for 5 minutes. Dough will still be very very sticky. Add in remaining 1/4 cup of flour. Mix on very low until dough for a few seconds just comes together. Do not knead again because the dough will become sticky again.
- Sprinkle some flour on pastry board. Put dough onto pastry board. Split dough into two. Roll one out into a round pizza shape about 1/4 inch thick. Repeat with other dough.
- Put whatever toppings you wish on pizza. Sprinkle cornmeal onto pizza stone. Place one of the pizzas onto the pizza stone and bake about 10 minutes until dough rises, bubbles up and turns a golden brown. Bake only pizzas one at a time. Eat immediately.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.