Hi everyone. Hope you all had a great Labor Day weekend. I did a lot of eating this weekend, with posts to soon come. Meanwhile, here is a quick post for potatoes I made for a Labor Day weekend bbq. I was very happy with how the potatoes came out. The idea was inspired from Dianasaur Dishes. I loved how beautiful her deviled potatoes were and have been wanting to make them ever since. A Labor Day bbq seemed the be the perfect occasion to try them out.
I didn't follow her recipe exactly, but kept with the theme of using beautiful blue and red potatoes skins (though my red ones didn't stay red once boiled). I boiled the potatoes and then cut them in half and scooped out the inside. I kept the red potatoes and blue potatoes in separate bowls. I then decided to treat the potato insides like egg yolks. I mashed them up a little and used a recipe for deviled eggs that I had made a long time ago with a friend (I'm not sure where my friend got the recipe from). Then I put the white mash from the red potatoes inside the blue potatoes. And I put the blue potato mash (which turned a light purple) into the red potato skins. I then sprinkled some dried parsley flakes on top because I didn't have any paprika.
- 4 small potatoes ( 2 red, 2 blue)
- 1/2 tsp mustard (x 2)
- 1 tsp ranch dressing (x 2)
- 1 tsp mayonnaise (x 2)
1. Boil potatoes in pot until soft. Cut potatoes in half.
2. Remove insides of potatoes with spoon. Separate the inside of the blue potatoes and insides of the red potatoes in small bowls. Mash the potatoes in each bowl.
3. Mix mustard, ranch dressing, and mayonnaise with each small bowl of potatoes.
4. Put mashed potato mixture back into the potato skins. Place blue potato mix inside red skins and place the red potato mix into blue potato skins.
5. Garnish with dry parsley flakes.Yum