There’s a lot of sugar cookie recipes out there, but I don’t often see soft sugar cookies. These sugar cookies are easy to make and decorate, and are soft and chewy all the way through. This is BF’s favorite cookie recipe, so of course I made to make him some cookies to take home for Christmas.
The cookies came out perfect. I wasn’t sure how I wanted to decorate them. I did some with non pareils and some with sanding sugar. I like the look of the nonpareils the best. Next time I might try some regular sprinkles or the little christmas trees or gingerbread men sprinkles I had.
Soft sugar cookies (from Lovin’ from the Oven)
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
14 Tbsp (1 3/4 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
sprinkles for decorating
1. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together and
2. Beat the butter and sugar together in a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla, then the eggs, until combined.
3. Reduce the mixer speed to low and slowly mix in the flour mixture until combined. Refrigerate dough for about an hour.
4. Heat oven to 350°F. Using palms, roll 1 Tablespoons of dough at a time into balls, then dips tops of balls into sprinkles. Place balls on baking sheets, spaced 2 inches apart.
5. Bake cookies about 10-12 minutes.Yum