I had a few bananas that were browning in my fridge. Normally I don’t like the sight of overripe fruit, but when it’s bananas, I get excited because it means I can make banana bread.
I previously attempted to make banana nutella bread, but the nutella flavor got lost once it was mixed with the bananas. So this time I decided to try swirling the nutella into the batter instead.
This attempt was much more successful at keeping the nutella taste with the banana bread, and the combination of flavors is delicious.
|Banana Nutella Swirl Bread||
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 10 tablespoons nutella
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease two 7×3 inch loaf pans or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Mix in eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix in salt, baking soda, and flour. Divide into prepared pans. Drop 5 tablespoons of nutella, on top of each loaf, spacing it evenly across top. Then using a knife, swirl the nutella into the batter a few times. Careful not to swirl too much.
- Bake for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.