How cute is this strawberry tea pot?
This tea pot kettle inspired the next in my mug cake series: strawberry mug cakes.
Like all the other mug cakes, this one was easy to whip up and cooks in the microwave. Clean-up is minimal since you mix everything directly into the mug.
I love the little pretty red pieces of strawberry mixed within the cake. The cake is fluffy, sweet. I prefer this white cake recipe more than the previous one I used for the blueberry mug cake. This cake is perfect all year long.
I actually won this tea pot in a giveaway done by the California Strawberry Commission, bringing awareness for their new recipe blog, which shares all sorts of different recipes. Now I need to find some strawberry tea to make in my new teapot.
If you like microwave mug cakes, here’s some other ones I’ve made:
- Nutella brownie mug cake
- Brownie mug cake
- Pumpkin Mug Cake
- Blueberry mug cake
- Nutella Chocolate Mug Cake
- Chocolate mug cake
- Chocolate caramel mug cake
- Peanut butter chocolate mug cake
Strawberry Mug Cake
Yield: 1 oversized mug
5 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 tablespoons sugar
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
2 strawberries, each cut into 4-5 pieces
1. Combine all ingredients except strawberries into oversized mug. Stir with a small whisk or fork until batter is smooth. Carefully drop strawberry pieces on top.
2. Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes. If cake is not done, microwave for an additional 30 seconds. Serve while warm.