This mug cake is fluffy and sweet with little pretty red pieces of strawberry mixed within the cake.
How cute is this strawberry tea pot? This teapot kettle inspired the next in my mug cake series: strawberry mug cakes.
Like all the other mug cakes, this one was easy to whip up and cooks in the microwave. Clean-up is minimal since you mix everything directly into the mug.
I love the little pretty red pieces of strawberry mixed within the cake. The cake is fluffy, sweet. I prefer this white cake recipe more than the previous one I used for the blueberry mug cake. This cake is perfect all year long.
I actually won this teapot in a giveaway done by the California Strawberry Commission, bringing awareness for their new recipe blog, which shares all sorts of different recipes. Now I need to find some strawberry tea to make in my new teapot.
If you like microwave mug cakes, here’s some other ones I’ve made:
- Nutella brownie mug cake
- Brownie mug cake
- Pumpkin Mug Cake
- Blueberry mug cake
- Nutella Chocolate Mug Cake
- Chocolate mug cake
- Chocolate caramel mug cake
- Peanut butter chocolate mug cake
Strawberry Mug Cake
- 5 1/2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 strawberries each cut into 4-5 pieces
- Combine all ingredients except strawberries into an oversized mug. Stir with a small whisk or fork until batter is smooth. Carefully drop strawberry pieces on top.
- Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes. If cake is not done, microwave for an additional 30 seconds. Serve while warm.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.