Yes it’s possible to make a tasty, Fall spice bread with just two ingredients: ice cream and self-rising flour.

I went to Trader Joe’s this weekend to stock up on their pumpkin themed goods including their premium pumpkin ice cream. I’d forgotten how rich and creamy and good this ice cream is.

I immediately knew I had to make ice cream bread, something I discovered awhile back.

Sometimes I build recipes up in my head and they aren’t nearly as good as I remember when I make them again. This was not one of those recipes. The bread is so delicious and easy to make. You just stir your two ingredients together and it’s ready to go in the oven.

This bread is soft, full of pumpkin pie spices, and just a little bit sweet. The only bad part was that I had to part with almost half of my ice cream. Sob. I will have to stock up on it soon.

Print Print Recipe

2 Ingredient Pumpkin Ice Cream Bread

3 cups of pumpkin ice cream, softened/mostly melted
2 1/4 cups self rising flour (If you dont have self rising flour, use all purpose flour and add 3 tsp baking powder and 3/4 tsp salt)

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix softened ice cream and flour with large wooden spoon until combined and no ice cream or flour chunks remain. Scoop batter into loaf pan. Bake for approximately 55-65 minutes until knife inserted comes out clean.

Slightly adapted from recipe found on Newlyweds who adapted it from Cooking with Libbey

8 Responses to “2 Ingredient Pumpkin Ice Cream Bread”

1. Rose — October 30, 2012 at 6:36 am

This sounds great! Could I do it with other flavors of icecream as well?

• Kirbie replied: — October 30th, 2012 @ 8:24 am

It should work with any ice cream flavor.

2. Jinxi — October 30, 2012 at 10:32 am

This is such a brilliant idea! I have a rule for myself to only have 1 carton of ice cream at a time (otherwise I would only eat the flavor I like more, and the other would be untouched). Now if I want to finish the ice cream more quickly I can just bake it into a bread! (Although mint chocolate chip bread might not work out as well as pumpkin… hahaha)

• Kirbie replied: — October 30th, 2012 @ 10:59 am

I have a serious ice cream hoarding problem. I like to collect unique/exotic flavors. And then I never finish them. So yeah, this is a great way to get rid of them. The original recipe I found did a chocolate one so I think I might try that one next. It probably works best with stronger flavors since you don’t have anything else in there other than flour to flavor the bread.

3. Laura Dembowski — November 3, 2012 at 6:28 am

Such a unique treat! It makes total sense with ice cream, but I never would have thought to do it. So easy and I bet it tastes great!

• Kirbie replied: — November 3rd, 2012 @ 7:11 am

Yeah when you think about it, it does make sense because of all the ingredients in the ice cream. But it’s so much easier than getting out butter, eggs, milk, etc. And it doesn’t taste like a 2 ingredient bread.

4. Katie — November 24, 2012 at 6:23 pm

Do you think it would work with nonfat ice cream?

• Kirbie replied: — November 25th, 2012 @ 8:40 am

No, most likely not. I believe you need full fat for this to work because it’s using the fat and eggs from the ice cream to create the bread.