Mango Lassi

Taking a break from all the pumpkin baking (but still sticking with the color orange), I wanted to share some mango lassi drinks I made with our Blendtec.

DH always wants to order mango lassi when we go to an Indian restaurant. It’s a mango puree and yogurt drink that is both sweet and tart and helps coat the stomach for those spicier Indian dishes.

Some versions use cardamom, but I stuck with one that doesn’t. We were both really happy with how these turned out and I’ve made them several times since for friends and family.

Print Print Save Save

Mango lasis

Yield: 2 small cups

1 cup nonfat, Greek strained plain yogurt
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup ice
1 cup chopped mango
2-4 tablespoons sugar (adjust to your taste)

Blend all ingredients together until smooth. Serve cold.

8 Responses to “Mango Lassi”

1. Jinxi — October 26, 2012 at 9:17 am

Mango lassi is one of my favorite drinks, too. BTW I love the tea towels in your home cooking photos! This one is super cute!!

• Kirbie replied: — October 26th, 2012 @ 9:53 am

Hehe, I got them from Walmart.

2. Lokness @ The Missing Lokness — October 26, 2012 at 11:05 am

Love mango lassi! But I prefer mango puree from a can. It is hard to fine soft and ripe mango.

• Kirbie replied: — October 26th, 2012 @ 12:29 pm

Hmm, I’ve never bought mango puree before. I use fresh mangoes when I can and when I don’t have those I use frozen cubes mangoes which I get at Costco and Trade Joe.

3. caninecologne — October 26, 2012 at 4:20 pm

My daughter really likes these drinks when we go to Indian places. I would like it better if it didn’t have yogurt!

• Kirbie replied: — October 27th, 2012 @ 7:10 am

I actually like the tang of the yogurt and I think they use yogurt to coat the stomach from the spicy food. But I’ve also used heavy cream and milk to make mango milkshakes. So yummy!

4. Sarah — November 10, 2012 at 2:06 am

I made this with almond milk and vanilla soy yogurt instead of the dairy and it tastes amazing! :)

• Kirbie replied: — November 10th, 2012 @ 5:58 pm