Despite my sweet tooth, fudge is one candy that took a few tries for me to adjust to. It’s so sweet, so I can never eat more than a piece or two at a time.

Recently, I came across several recipes for microwave fudge. While it’s not made in the traditional method, this quick and easy method does the trick and it’s a great solution for something last minute. It also is good to make as gifts. I think I’ll be adding this to my holiday treats list.

The fudge needs only about 5 minutes of prep. Then you just let it cool and set and it’s ready to cut into and eat.

Other easy fudge recipes:

Nutella fudge

Peppermint Fudge

Peanut Butter Fudge

Andes Mint Fudge

I also have a collection of cookies and cream recipes.

Print Print Recipe

Cookies and Cream Fudge

• 12 oreos, crushed into smaller pieces
  • 3 cups white chocolate, chopped (or white chocolate chips)
  • 1 can (14 oz) condensed milk

1. Line an 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment paper. In microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate and condensed milk. Microwave for about 30 seconds and remove and stir until chocolate is mostly melted. Microwave again for another 30 seconds and stir again. Chocolate should be completely melted and smooth. If not, microwave slightly longer. Careful not to overheat in microwave.
2. Spread half of the crushed oreos across bottom of pan. Pour chocolate on top. Sprinkle remaining Oreos across surface, spreading evenly. Press down on Oreo pieces on top so that they go into the fudge and attempt to smoothe out top. Place in fridge several hours to set. Cut with sharp knife into bite-sized squares.

Yum

70 Responses to “5 Minute Cookies and Cream Fudge”

1. Anna @ The Table — September 9, 2013 at 12:14 pm

What a neat idea for the holidays. It couldn’t get any easier with just three ingredients!

• Kirbie replied: — September 9th, 2013 @ 12:20 pm

I can’t wait to do a holiday version. Maybe add some green and red sprinkles

2. Alyson - Lift, Bend, Bake — September 9, 2013 at 12:38 pm

I am on such a cookies & cream kick right now so these look amazing! Maybe too easy though, haha

• Kirbie replied: — September 9th, 2013 @ 6:47 pm

I love cookies and cream stuff too. And I love how easy these were to make.

3. Lucy — September 9, 2013 at 12:57 pm

This is not just something I want, it’s also something I need! Looks so good!

• Kirbie replied: — September 9th, 2013 @ 6:46 pm

I really liked it!

4. Jochen — September 11, 2013 at 2:22 am

For those of us on the other side of the pound/metric types – how big a can of condensed milk are we talking about here? 10oz? 12oz? 14oz? ;) Thanks in advance.

• Kirbie replied: — September 11th, 2013 @ 9:56 am

mine was a 14oz can.

5. lilK — September 11, 2013 at 3:06 pm

YES! LOVE that this is so easy!

• Kirbie replied: — September 11th, 2013 @ 11:45 pm

yes, give it a try

6. Samina | The Cupcake Confession — September 11, 2013 at 7:04 pm

You know, all I wanna do is pick up one or 5 pieces and pop them in my mouth!!!!!! They look sooooooo amazing!!!! :) I have alll the 3 ingredients at home .. So I’m definitely making these! :)

• Kirbie replied: — September 11th, 2013 @ 11:45 pm

these are dangerously easy. Now I want to make all sorts of flavors!

7. Karen — September 20, 2013 at 9:58 am

Is that sweetened condensed milk or evaporated milk?

• Kirbie replied: — September 20th, 2013 @ 10:44 am

sweetened condensed milk

8. RJ — November 22, 2013 at 9:37 am

can you mix the cookies into the chocolate and then spread it out in the pan instead of doing it separate or will it not come out good?

• Kirbie replied: — November 24th, 2013 @ 10:01 pm

It’s a lot messier that way and the chocolate is hard to work with to keep it smooth.

9. tash — November 27, 2013 at 2:09 am

I would like to make these for xmas, how long will the fudge last before it goes bad?

• Kirbie replied: — November 27th, 2013 @ 10:22 am

I dont know exactly how long, but I had mine for about 2 weeks. Just make sure your chocolate doesn’t touch anything else that could contaminate it and keep it in a sealed container.

10. Lori — November 27, 2013 at 8:39 am

Have you done it with regular chocolate? My boys LOVE Oreos, but are not crazy about white chocolate.

• Kirbie replied: — November 27th, 2013 @ 10:19 am

It should work the same with regular chocolate. I did white because of the cookies and cream theme.

11. Emily — December 2, 2013 at 12:23 pm

I was thinking about making these for Christmas to give out as gifts but I was wondering how you think they would be with a little bit of mint extract added? If you think the mint would work well, do you think about 1/4 tsp would be about right?

I’ve never tasted this recipe so I’m hesitant to try the mint without some guidance.

Thanks!

• Kirbie replied: — December 3rd, 2013 @ 12:05 am

I haven’t tried, but I imagine a little mint extract should be fine. I’d start with 1/4 tsp, but you probably need about 1/2 to 1 tsp. But you can add a little at a time and then taste it and make sure your chocolate doesn’t get runny.

12. Emily — December 10, 2013 at 12:06 pm

It turned out great with 1tsp mint extract! It was not too strong. It was a little subtle and tasted like mint and cookies ice cream which is what I was hoping for. I would add another 1/2 teaspoon for real mint lovers though.

Thanks for the recipe. I love how simple it is to make.

• Kirbie replied: — December 10th, 2013 @ 1:17 pm

Oh thanks for getting back and letting me know how it turned out with the mint! That’s great to know that it worked.

13. chacha — December 13, 2013 at 6:32 pm

Luv how easy this is and microwave to boot will make Sunday and let u know how it turns out.. TKS

• Kirbie replied: — December 14th, 2013 @ 11:56 pm

hope you like it!

14. chacha — December 16, 2013 at 11:07 pm

Well I made this FUDGE and it isd KICK BUTT AWESOME AND ADDICTIVE. OMG I DID ADD 1 tsp. of mint and it was over the top. Im going to make it with Strawberry cookies that I saw at Walmart and add 1 tsp. of strawberry extract also one with coconut cream cookies and coconut extract. People try this recipe its the best. IM HOOKED LIKE OTHERS ON THIS ONE FOR SURE.

• Kirbie replied: — December 17th, 2013 @ 10:32 am

glad you like it!

15. chacha — December 16, 2013 at 11:43 pm

Just an idea its possible to make these into chocolate covered TRUFFLES just roll into balls and freeze then roll in cocoa powder. Ill have to try that out for sure in next couple of weeks but if I get the coconut creme cookies I will surely try them out and roll in powdered sugar. YA THINK ????????

• Kirbie replied: — December 17th, 2013 @ 10:28 am

I’m not sure how this would work as truffles just because it’s hard to work with. It’s super sticky and a little bit liquidy. I’ve made easy truffles before using a Oreo and cream cheese mixture.

16. Kris — December 21, 2013 at 9:17 am

It may sound crazy but as im not a fan of the microwave would this set the same if warmed on the stove top? I assume so but …?

• Kirbie replied: — December 21st, 2013 @ 3:15 pm

I’ve never tried it on stovetop, but i imagine it should be the same result.

17. rachel — December 27, 2013 at 9:16 pm

Just a quick question: instead of lining a baking sheet with parchment paper, can I just pour it into a 8×8 glass dish, or will it be difficult to cut the pieces once it has hardened?

• Kirbie replied: — December 27th, 2013 @ 9:44 pm

I think it will stick to the pan which is why I lined mine with parchment paper.

18. Raquel — February 5, 2014 at 10:45 am

These are fantastic! Thanks for sharing

• Kirbie replied: — February 5th, 2014 @ 3:26 pm

glad you like it!!

19. Debi — February 6, 2014 at 6:24 am

I’m certainly going to try this. It sounds absolutely incredible. I love Cookies and Cream and prefer white chocolate to any other type. Since I’m older and rather old-fashioned, I’m going to use a double boiler to melt the chocolate. I have better luck melting chocolate that way. I wonder how this would taste with caramel mixed in with it?

• Kirbie replied: — February 6th, 2014 @ 9:15 pm

It sounds like the caramel would be a really delicious addition!

20. Hayley — April 14, 2014 at 1:22 am

your ingredient list says one can of condensed milk…. how big is the can? I want to get it right so I can make this as soon as possible. Quite possibly the best thing I have ever seen!

• Kirbie replied: — April 14th, 2014 @ 8:44 am

I usually only see condensed milks come in 1 size which is why I didn’t get more specific, but I believe it is 14 oz.

21. dina — April 24, 2014 at 5:42 pm

Hi, if I want to make it dairy free so not use milk is there something else I could use?

• Kirbie replied: — April 25th, 2014 @ 12:34 pm

sorry, I don’t know how to make this recipe without the milk!

22. Fi — May 3, 2014 at 4:10 pm

I know it’s microwave only but how long would it take to do in the oven?! My friend loved the recipe but does not own a microwave

• Kirbie replied: — May 4th, 2014 @ 12:12 am

If you dont have a microwave, I’d recommend making it on the stove and not the oven.

23. Cate — May 23, 2014 at 4:29 am

Hi! What sort of consistency should this be? The last microwave fudge I made (*not this recipe!) didn’t set at all well, and had the consistency of soft honey.

Also, would you recommend the microwave be set to ‘high’ or ‘medium high’? Mine isn’t very sophisticated.

• Kirbie replied: — May 23rd, 2014 @ 8:32 am

the consistency of this should just be like actual fudge, not soft honey, one it is set. When you are mixing it, it will be more like a thick batter that you can mold and shape. And i used regular full power on the microwave.

24. Sarah — May 27, 2014 at 2:50 am

Hi…what is the weight of chocolate used.

• Kirbie replied: — May 27th, 2014 @ 7:29 am

sorry i only know the measurements as given

25. fredy — September 4, 2014 at 8:53 pm

do u use just the Oreo biscuits or filling too

• Kirbie replied: — September 5th, 2014 @ 12:32 am

I used the whole oreo including filling

26. fredy — September 7, 2014 at 7:38 am

what size tin of condensed milk eg in ml or grams

• Kirbie replied: — September 8th, 2014 @ 2:05 am

it is 14 oz, the standard one usually found if you are in the US

27. michelle — September 30, 2014 at 10:20 pm

Can anyone tell me how much chocolate they used? I have no idea how much one cup would be.

• Kirbie replied: — September 30th, 2014 @ 11:24 pm

this recipe uses US measuring cups

28. Caitlin — October 4, 2014 at 10:26 pm

Hi, so I was thinking of trying this out, but I have no clue how many servings this will turn out. Assuming each ‘serving’ is a 2cm x 2cm square (around 0.8 inches), how many servings will this recipe make?

• Kirbie replied: — October 4th, 2014 @ 10:52 pm

it makes a 8 x 8 inch pan amount.

29. justsittingonastar — November 19, 2014 at 4:01 am

I’ve tried this and it doesn’t set completely….tried adding icing sugar but that doesn’t work. Any suggestions please?

• Kirbie replied: — November 20th, 2014 @ 12:14 am

did you use condensed milk and not evaporated milk?

30. Jennifer — December 21, 2014 at 3:51 pm

Mine  didn’t set either. I used the ingredients listed  and yes used condeneed milk and still really  soft.

• Kirbie replied: — December 22nd, 2014 @ 12:48 am

did you put it in the fridge or freezer to set?

31. Holly — March 16, 2015 at 4:58 pm

You’re my new best friend. I’ve just tried this recipe, and it is PERFECTION. Sooo sweet and so delicious! You are a *genius*. :D To those mentioning that it doesn’t set – the bottom of mine is still ever-so-slightly softer than the rest, but it’s neither here nor there when I’m just dyyyying of white chocolate heaven. Thanks so much Kirbie!

• Kirbie replied: — March 16th, 2015 @ 6:33 pm

yay! so happy to hear you like the recipe! I hope you check out some more!

32. brittany harrington — March 25, 2015 at 8:44 am

hi i’m a high-schooler going to a pro start  program for culinary. would this be a good recipe to do for a class project? For the project we have to come up with a recipe and make it for a bake shop and sell to the rest of the school.

• Kirbie replied: — March 26th, 2015 @ 11:44 am

i’m sorry, I can’t answer that for you

33. Ldgoldmann — April 3, 2015 at 4:13 pm

You should really put in the recipe ingredients “sweetened condensed milk”…I used evaporated milk thinking that’s what you meant :/

• Kirbie replied: — April 3rd, 2015 @ 5:32 pm

well, that is not really fair. i said condensed milk. I did not say evaporated. they are not the same thing. you are the one who used the wrong one.

34. AC — April 16, 2015 at 1:31 am

This looks so yum!
    Question: How do you store it & how many days can it keep for?
    So I can give it to people as presents. :)

• Kirbie replied: — April 16th, 2015 @ 11:38 am

store in a container in the fridge. these should be able to keep for a while. I’ve done it as long as 2 weeks

35. Kiyu — January 18, 2016 at 10:56 pm

Will these melt easily? I would like to make these and share with my friends!

• Kirbie replied: — January 20th, 2016 @ 9:41 am

They do not melt easily. Hope you like them!