Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Macaroni and Cheese
Creamy garlic parmesan macaroni and cheese is made in the instant pot. It takes only about 5 minutes to cook everything!
I previously shared a recipe for a classic Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese. This version adds Parmesan and garlic, creating a much more flavorful macaroni and cheese.
This is so easy to make. Just like my other instant pot recipe, you add your noodles, water, garlic, butter and spices into the pot. You set it to cook for four minutes.
When you open your pot, your macaroni is tender and your water is gone. You stir in your cheeses and milk for about 1 minute and then it’s ready to eat! It’s that easy.
The cheese mixture is a mix of white cheddar and parmesan. Because parmesan has a very strong flavor and a lot of sodium, I didn’t add too much of it. It’s just enough so you can taste the parmesan and garlic but it’s not too strong or salty.
Garlic Parmesan Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 4 cups water
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp mustard powder
- 2 tsp hot sauce (optional, you can leave this out if you're making this for kids)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream or evaporated milk (it's recommended you use either evap milk or heavy cream. Regular milk will lead to a more watery macaroni cheese)
- 6 oz (this is a little over 2 cups but you should weigh it for best results) shredded white cheddar cheese
- 4 oz (this is about 1 1/2 cups but you should weigh it for best results) shredded parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley for garnish
- ground black pepper
- Add macaroni, water, garlic cloves, garlic powder, mustard powder, hot sauce and butter into your instant pot. Give everything a quick stir so that the powders aren't clumped up.
- Seal your instant pot. Set to manual, high pressure and cook time of 4 minutes. Let your Instant Pot pressurize and cook. When the cooking timer finishes, do a quick pressure release on your instant pot.
- Open your instant pot and give your pasta a quick stir to make sure everything is evenly cooked. If you have a little extra water in there, it should evaporate soon with your stirring. Remove and discard the garlic cloves. Add in heavy cream/evaporated milk and cheeses while the pasta is still hot and steaming. Stir until cheeses are melted and macaroni are evenly coated. Serve immediately. Garnish with fresh parsley and ground black pepper if desired.
All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Did you make this recipe?
Share it on instagram with the hashtag #kirbiecravings!
Some of the links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).