2 Ingredient Keto Cheese Crackers
Crunchy cheese crackers that are just two ingredients and super easy to make. They are low carb and keto-friendly, but you don’t need to be on a low carb diet to enjoy them!
This is my new favorite homemade cheese cracker and I am so excited to share it with you today. I previously made low carb keto crackers using fathead pizza dough and while they were tasty, they did require more work and the crackers didn’t stay crisp when stored.
Why these are the best and easiest keto cheese crackers
Here are a few reasons why I love this recipe
- It’s just 2 ingredients.
- It’s really hard to mess up this dough. If you make a mistake, you can easily fix it. No need to start over!
- These crackers stay super crunchy and store well. No need to re-crisp them.
- They taste like regular cheese crackers. I bet your friends and family won’t even guess they are low carb crackers.
So, have I convinced to make these crackers yet?
Cheese Cracker Dough Ingredients
These crackers are made with parmesan cheese and almond flour. You may also need to add a touch of water to get enough moisture in the dough depending on the parmesan cheese you are using.
How to Make Keto Cheese Crackers
- The dough is made with a food processor. You can also try a blender if you don’t own a food processor.
- The cheese and almond flour are mixed together until the cheese starts to stick to the almond flour. You’ll see large crumb-sized clumps form. When you squeeze the crumbs between your fingers, it should stick together to form a dough.
- The dough is then rolled out thinly between two sheets of parchment paper and then cut into squares.
- The crackers are baked for about 13-15 minutes until they are completely crunchy.
You can try adding in some spices or dry herbs to make more flavors. I like adding some dried rosemary or thyme for an herb cheese version. Or adding some cayenne pepper for a spicy version.
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup superfine almond flour
- 1 tbsp water (if needed)
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Add cheese and almond flour into a food processor and pulse until the cheese begins to stick to the almond flour and forms large crumbs. When you squeeze the crumbs between your hands, they should stick together like a dough. If your dough is too crumbly, add 1 tbsp of water and pulse again.
Roll dough out between two sheets of parchment paper until it is 1/8 inch thick. Cut dough into 1-inch squares.
Place crackers onto baking sheet, making sure none of them touch.
Bake crackers for 10 minutes. Remove baking sheet from oven briefly and flip crackers over. Place baking sheet back into the oven and bake crackers an additional 3-5 minutes or until crackers are lightly browned and the tops feel firm and crunchy to the touch. Let crackers cool before eating. Store uneaten crackers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2-3 days.
- Recipe slightly adapted from Creative Healthy Family
- If you are freshly grating parmesan cheese, your cheese will likely be more moist and you may not need any water or only a few drops.
- I used pre-shredded parmesan cheese, which is more dry, and had to add 1 tbsp of water.
- Avoid using shelf stable parmesan cheese. (Like the one that comes in the green canisters)
- If your dough is too dry, you can add a few more drops of water. Be careful to only add a little at a time (about 1/2 tsp), otherwise the dough can easily get too wet.
- If you find your dough is too wet, you can add a little more cheese and almond flour (in equal portions) until your dough reaches the correct consistency.
- Make sure to roll the dough out between two sheets of parchment paper, otherwise it will be too sticky.
- The dough needs to be no more than 1/8 inch thick otherwise the crackers will not crisp up entirely.
- If your cracker dough is thinner, you may need to reduce baking time.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have. All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
2 Ingredient Keto Cheese Crackers
Amount Per Serving (1 cracker)
Calories 13 Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g6%
Vitamin A 10IU0%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.