These broccoli tots are a fun and delicious way to eat more greens. They make a great side dish or snack.
Broccoli tots are easy to make and I found them to be super addicting. I “tested” half a dozen right out of the oven before stopping myself to take a few photos. Then I promptly finished the rest.
The process is similar to the cauliflower tots I previously made, but with broccoli instead. You can taste the broccoli flavor, so if you really really hate broccoli, these might not be for you. Next time, I might try blanching the broccoli first because it lost most of its beautiful green color during the cooking process. But that may be a good thing if you are trying to hide what these really are.
Now that it’s fall, all the new shows are starting to premiere. I have to say though, so far I’m a little underwhelmed. There are very few I’ve seen that I feel myself excited over. Are there any new shows your currently loving?
- 1 1/2 cups lightly packed finely chopped raw broccoli (it's best to run broccoli through a food processor; 1 head will yield about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned panko bread crumbs (if you use non-seasoned panko bread crumbs, make sure to add Italian seasoning to your mix)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Add broccoli, breadcrumbs, cheese and egg into a large mixing bowl. Mix with a large spoon until everything is combined.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat mat. Take a small handful of broccoli mix (a little over 1 tbsp), and squeeze into the palm of your hand about 2-3 times to compact the shape and squeeze out excess liquid. Then use hands to shape into small cylinders, the size of tater tots (about 1 inch long). Place onto lined baking sheet. Repeat until all broccoli is used up
3. Bake for about 15 minutes. Bottom of tots should be golden brown. Flip tots over and bake for another 8-10 minutes. Serve with ketchup or other dipping sauce.
All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Did you make this recipe?
Share it on instagram with the hashtag #kirbiecravings!