Chocolate Almond Butter Cookies are so easy to make with just 4 ingredients. They have a delicious chocolate flavor, crunchy almonds, and a chewy texture.
I love to make cookies with nut butter, and these chocolate almond butter cookies are a new favorite. You only need four ingredients, and they’re ready in about 30 minutes.
I love almond butter, so I knew I’d love chocolate almond butter spread. You can buy it at Trader Joe’s, but I’ve seen other brands, too. If you can’t find it at a grocery store, it’s easy to find it online.
I sprinkled some chopped almonds into the cookie dough to give the cookies an extra kick of almond and add some crunchy texture. These cookies spread quite a bit, but they are still tasty, chewy, and delicious.
- Chocolate almond butter
- Brown sugar
- All-purpose flour
- Large egg
- Optional mix-ins: I like chopped almonds, but you could add other kinds of nuts. Or swap the almonds for the same amount of chocolate chips or chocolate chunks.
How to Make the Cookies
Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl.
Scoop two tablespoons of cookie dough to form each ball. Place the dough balls two inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
Bake the cookies at 350°F for about 10 minutes. Cool them on the baking sheet before removing them.
These cookies are good without the chopped nuts, but I like the added crunch.
A cookie scoop makes it easy to form equal-sized cookie dough balls.
If your dough is very soft, you might want to refrigerate it so it firms up and your cookies don’t come out flat. I haven’t had this problem, but if your kitchen is warm, you might want to chill it for 30 minutes.
If you really want to try this recipe out but don’t have any cocoa almond butter, maybe you have the ingredients to try one of my other super easy spread cookies:
Store the cookies in an airtight container. They will keep at room temperature for two to three days.
More Almond Butter Cookie Recipes
- Healthy Almond Cookies
- Flourless Chocolate Almond Butter Cookies
- Keto Almond Butter Cookies
- Flourless Almond Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chips
- Almond Butter Cookies with Oats
4 Ingredient Chewy Chocolate Almond Butter Cookies
- 1 cup cocoa almond butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds or almond slivers optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats. Mix almond butter, sugar, flour, and egg in a bowl until smooth dough batter forms. Stir in almonds if using.
- Take 2 tablespoons of dough and combine into a smooth ball. Place on cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, spacing balls about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cookies cool on cookie sheet before removing. (Note: cookies do spread a lot but they should still remain cookies. If for some reason yours are coming out completely flat, you can try refrigerating the dough for 30 minutes before baking. I did not refrigerate the dough and just baked as is.)
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.