Here’s another version of my easy cookies made with spread. This time I used the cocoa almond butter I bought from Trader Joe’s.
It’s basically chocolate flavored almond butter. I love almonds and I love chocolate, so I really enjoy this spread.
I sprinkled some chopped almonds into the batter to give them an extra kick of almond and add some crunchy texture. These cookies spread quite a bit, but they still tasty chewy and delicious.
If you really want to try this recipe out but don’t have any cocoa almond butter, maybe you have the ingredients to try one of my other super easy spread cookies:
4 Ingredient Chewy Chocolate Almond Butter Cookies
- 1 cup cocoa almond butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds or almond slivers optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats. Mix almond butter, sugar, flour, and egg in a bowl until smooth dough batter forms. Stir in almonds if using.
- Take 2 tablespoons of dough and combine into a smooth ball. Place on cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, spacing balls about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cookies cool on cookie sheet before removing. (Note: cookies do spread a lot but they should still remain cookies. If for some reason yours are coming out completely flat, you can try refrigerating the dough for 30 minutes before baking. I did not refrigerate the dough and just baked as is.)
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.