You only need a few ingredients to make a batch of these espresso chocolate hazelnut cookies. The cookies are soft and chewy with a hint of coffee flavor that also enhances the chocolate in the cookies.
I can’t stop making these easy cookies using spreads. It’s definitely my current obsession and I love the results.
This time around, I used a cappuccino mocha hazelnut spread from Jif. The cookies spread a little more than the Nutella version but they still turned out delicious and chewy.
I added a tiny more espresso powder to really bring out the coffee flavor because I thought it was a little light in the spread. I also added some chopped chocolate too so they wouldn’t look so plain.
If you don’t want to go out and buy the Jif spread, you can always use Nutella and espresso powder instead.
- Mocha cappuccino hazelnut spread (or Nutella)
- Espresso powder (if using Nutella)
- All-purpose flour
I also add chopped chocolate, but this is optional. The cookies are still good without it.
Mix the spread, espresso powder, and flour in a bowl until the mixture is smooth. Stir in the chopped chocolate if you are using it.
Drop two tablespoons of dough to form each cookie on the baking sheet. Bake the cookies for 10 minutes and then cool them for 10 minutes before removing them from the sheet.
The cookies have a good coffee flavor and a slight hint of hazelnut. It’s a little like a hazelnut latte in a cookie form.
More Easy Recipes Made with Spreads
Espresso Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
- 1 cup mocha cappuccino hazelnut spread you can also use Nutella
- 1/4 tsp espresso powder optional
- 1/2 cup chopped chocolate optional
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp flour
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats. Mix spread, flour, espresso powder and egg in a bowl until smooth dough batter forms. Stir in chopped chocolate if using.
- Take 2 tbsp of dough and combine into a ball. Place on cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, spacing balls about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cookies cool on cookie sheet before removing.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.