These Nutella cookies bake up perfectly flat and round. They have a wonderfully chewy texture and bake up with crackled tops. They’re perfect for anyone who loves Nutella.
I really liked the chewy Nutella chocolate chip cookies I made last month. I had a huge craving for Nutella recently, but rather than make the same cookies, I decided to play around with the recipe a little and make simple Nutella cookies.
I love the chocolate chips in the other cookie recipe, but I wondered what the cookies would look like without them. The chocolate chips make the cookies a little uneven, so I decided to omit them and see what happens.
As you can see, when you take out the chocolate chips the cookies you are left with are these perfectly flat, round cookies. I love how they look and I love the soft and chewy texture.
Tips for Making Nutella Cookies
- For this recipe, you will need room temperature butter so you can cream it with the sugar until it’s light and fluffy. Then you can add the egg, vanilla, and Nutella and the wet ingredients are done.
- Whisk your dry ingredients in a separate bowl before adding them to the wet ones. Stir the two together just until they’re combined.
- Once the cookies are in the oven, they only need to bake for about 8 minutes or so. The middle of the cookies will take longer, so keep an eye on them and once the middle is set they cookies are done.
- When you take the cookies out of the oven, they will initially be very puffy. As they cool, they will flatten and the surface of the cookies will be crackled.
- Store the cooled Nutella cookies in an airtight container. They will keep for two to three days at room temperature.
More Nutella Cookie Recipes
I love experimenting with Nutella and have come up with lots of different Nutella cookie recipes. These are some of my most popular ones – I hope you find some new ones to try.
- I wondered what it might be like to combine a cookie with a lava cake so I made chocolate Nutella lava cookies and they were as amazing as I thought they would be.
- It doesn’t get any easier than 3-ingredient cookies, so if you need an emergency batch of cookies be sure to try my 3 Ingredient Nutella Cookies.
- I love stuffed cookies and my Nutella stuffed chocolate chip cookies are one of my favorites!
- ½ cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- ½ cup minus 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ cup minus 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- ½ cup Nutella
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter with both sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in the egg, vanilla, and Nutella.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and salt. Then add into the wet mixture until just combined.
- Drop the dough by large tablespoons onto baking sheet, about 2 inches apart, and bake for about 8 minutes. Cookies are done when the middle section looks cooked. Cookies will be puffy and will sinks down when cooled and create crackly surface.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.