This flourless single serving peanut butter cake is just four ingredients. It takes less than five minutes to prepare and no special tools are needed. It doesn’t get much easier than this.
One of my favorite recipes is my 3 Ingredient Flourless Peanut Butter Mug Cake. I’ve had several people ask me whether the recipe can be made in the oven. So I’ve been working on an oven version.
This cake works great as a quick fix and is even better with some chocolate syrup or ice cream. It is a little plain on its own, but some syrup or ice cream makes a huge difference.
This oven version isn’t quite as fluffy as my microwave mug version and the edges are slightly more firm, but it works and it satisfied my sweet craving. I know I could make a peanut butter cake with a more tender crumb, but I was trying to keep the recipe as easy as possible so that it would be as easy as the mug cake. When drizzled with chocolate syrup, it still tasted pretty darn good. If you have a microwave and don’t want to wait for the 18-20 minutes it takes to bake, please check out my 3 Ingredient Flourless Peanut Butter Mug Cake.
4 Ingredient Flourless Single Serving Peanut Butter Cake
- 3 1/2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp white granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 10-12 oz ramekin or similar round baking dish.
- In a small mixing bowl, add all 4 ingredients. Mix with a whisk until batter is smooth and egg is completely beaten into the batter. Pour batter into baking dish.
- Cook for 18-20 minutes, until top of the cake is just cooked. When you touch the surface of the cake, it should gently bounce back rather than stay sunken in. Let cake cool for a few minutes before eating. I recommend that you top with ice cream, or some kind of syrup as the cake is a little plain on its own.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.