This bacon ranch cheese ball is an easy appetizer or snack for parties, holidays and game-days.
I’ve always wanted to make a cheese ball. I don’t know why I waited for so long because it’s really easy and stress-free, which is what I want in a lazy weekend appetizer. And it makes a great presentation, especially when covered in bacon bits.
With football season in full effect, this is a great appetizer to eat while watching. Or if you are like me, you just pretend to watch so you can make and eat these fun snacks.
How to Make a Cheese Ball
This bacon ranch cheese ball is easy to make in about 15 minutes, but it does need time to chill for a few hours before you serve it.
- Cream cheese
- Ranch seasoning and dressing mix
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped scallions
- Finely chopped bacon
Place the cream cheese in a food processor. For the ranch seasoning, start by adding ½ to ¾ of the package. Process until the mixture is smooth. Give it a taste and if you think it needs more seasoning add the rest of the ranch.
Add the cheese and scallions and pulse a few times until they are incorporated. Scoop the cheese onto a sheet of plastic wrap and shape it into a ball.
Chill it for one to two hours.
Before you serve it, unwrap the ball and roll it in the chopped bacon until it’s evenly coated. Serve it with chips, crackers, or vegetable sticks.
Making it Ahead and Storage
This is a great make-ahead appetizer because you can mix and form the cheese ball and keep it in the refrigerator a few days in advance. Just make sure to wrap it tightly and don’t coat it in the bacon until you are ready to serve it.
More Party Appetizers
Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
- 2 (8-oz) packages cream cheese
- 1 (1-oz) packet Ranch seasoning and dressing mix
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 tbsp chopped scallions
- 6 strips of cooked bacon finely chopped to small bits
- In a food processor, add cream cheese and Ranch seasoning. If you prefer to eat less salty, I recommend not adding the entire seasoning packet and instead add 1/2 to 3/4 of it. Process until smooth.
- Add in cheddar cheese and scallions. Pulse a few times to mix in.
- Scoop out cheese mix and put onto a sheet of plastic wrap. Use the plastic wrap to help gather and shape the cheese into a ball. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours until cheese ball becomes more solid.
- Roll cheese ball in bacon bits until completely covered. Serve with chips, vegetables, crackers, etc.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.