Tofu salad is a refreshing no-cook recipe that is easy to make. Tofu is drizzled with bang bang sauce and fresh chopped scallions. The cool tofu with the sweet and lightly spicy sauce is a delicious combination.
I’ve been trying to avoid doing a lot of cooking in the kitchen now that summer is here. As much as I love baking, turning on the oven or even spending a lot of time at the stove really heats up the house!
When I was growing up, my mom used to make tofu salad, a cold and refreshing no-cook dish that I still love today. She usually made a salad called thousand-year-old egg tofu salad, but this time I decided to make a tofu salad with a sweet and spicy sauce and fresh scallions.
What is Bang Bang Sauce?
This salad is very simple and what takes it to the next level is the sauce. It’s a sauce that was made popular at a restaurant called Bonefish Grill and I’m pretty much obsessed with it. It’s so simple to make with just four ingredients:
- Sweet chili sauce
- Sriracha sauce
- Low-fat mayonnaise
I’m convinced this sauce goes with just about everything. It’s creamy, sweet, spicy and savory all at the same time.
Assemble the Tofu Salad
Once you’ve made the sauce all you have to do is assemble the salad.
- I like to use silken tofu for this salad. Just cut it into bite-sized cubes. Be sure to drain any excess liquid.
- Mix the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl.
- Pile the cubed tofu on a plate, drizzle the sauce over the top and garnish with sliced scallions.
More Bang Bang Sauce Recipes
This is such an easy salad and is so refreshing on a hot day. If you want to try more recipes here are a few more I like to make:
- Bang Bang Cauliflower
- Skinny Bang Bang Zucchini Noodles Meal Prep
- Bang Bang Pasta
- Crispy Baked Bang Bang Shrimp
Bang Bang Tofu Salad
- 14 oz block silken tofu drained
- 1 tbsp sweet chili sauce (see note)
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- 2 tbsp light/low fat mayonnaise (see note)
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp chopped green scallions
- Slice tofu into 1-inch cubes. Drain any excess water that appears from cutting.
- In a small bowl, add chili sauce, sriracha, mayonnaise, and honey. Mix with a whisk until smooth. Drizzle sauce over tofu. Sprinkle scallions across top. Serve chilled or room temperature.
- I bought my sweet chili sauce at an Asian grocery store, which you can see in this post. If you want a smoother consistency buy a sauce without chili seeds, but ones with the seeds work, as well.
- For a lighter sauce, swap out half of the mayo for nonfat plain Greek yogurt.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.