Bang Bang Tofu Salad
Tofu is drizzled with bang bang sauce and fresh chopped scallions for an easy, light and refreshing summer dish that doesn’t require any cooking.
I’ve been trying to avoid doing a lot of cooking in the kitchen now that summer is here. As much as I love baking, turning on the oven or even spending a lot of time at the stove really heats up the house! When I was growing up, my mom used to make a cold tofu dish, usually drizzled with soy sauce and sometimes accompanied with preserved eggs. It’s still one of my favorite summertime dishes, but this time I decided to make mine with bang bang sauce.
I’m convinced this sauce goes with just about everything. It’s creamy, sweet, spicy and savory all at the same time. This dish is so easy to put together and you don’t have to do any cooking. The tofu can be eaten raw and the sauce is just mixing a few ingredients together in a bowl.
- 14 oz block silken tofu drained
- 1 tbsp sweet chili sauce (see note)
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- 2 tbsp light/low fat mayonnaise (see note)
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp chopped green scallions
Slice tofu into 1-inch cubes. Drain any excess water that appears from cutting.
In a small bowl, add chili sauce, sriracha, mayonnaise, and honey. Mix with a whisk until smooth. Drizzle sauce over tofu. Sprinkle scallions across top. Serve chilled or room temperature.
- I bought my sweet chili sauce at an Asian grocery store, which you can see in this post. If you want a smoother consistency buy a sauce without chili seeds, but ones with the seeds work, as well.
- For a lighter sauce, swap out half of the mayo for nonfat plain Greek yogurt.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have. All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Bang Bang Tofu Salad
Amount Per Serving (0.33 of recipe)
Calories 63 Calories from Fat 29
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3.2g 5%
Saturated Fat 0.5g 3%
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.8g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.7g
Cholesterol 1.6mg 1%
Sodium 154.4mg 6%
Total Carbohydrates 4.9g 2%
Dietary Fiber 0.2g 1%
Protein 1.9g 4%
Vitamin A 1%
Vitamin C 3%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.