This may be the streusel talking, but I am totally in love with this mug cake.
I’ve been trying to make mug cakes outside of the traditional ones. So the last few weeks I worked on this blueberry muffin one. And no muffin is complete without streusel.
I love blueberry muffins. And I love that now I can make myself a single serving one for breakfast instead of making a dozen of them and then trying to eat a dozen of them in 2-3 days.
This single serving muffin is easy and fast and satisfies my muffin cravings. And the streusel is so good.
Hot Off the Press!
This recipe, along with many brand new recipes are in my new cookbook.
To see previews and learn more about the book, read here.
To order the book, check out the list of online retailers.
Blueberry Muffin with Streusel Topping Mug Cake
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/16 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp fat free milk
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 7 fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp cold unsalted butter chopped into tiny pieces
- 1 1/2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- Mix everything listed in muffin ingredients except blueberries into a microwave safe mug with a small whisk. Drop blueberries in, spreading them out. In a small bowl, mix streusel ingredients, until butter pieces are completely coated in the flour, sugar, and cinnamon. Sprinkle small crumbles of streusel on top of muffin batter, spreading out evenly across the surface.
- Cook in the microwave for about 1 minute. Let cool for a few minutes before eating.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.