I love butter cookies, especially those Danish butter cookies. The crunchy little cookies are so addicting. I came across a recipe for coconut butter cookies that looked pretty simple to make.
These cookies don’t look like much, but the texture was spot on. They were crispy and crunchy like Danish butter cookies. The taste of coconut is light.
Coconut Butter Cookies
- 75 g unsalted butter softened
- 50 g powdered sugar
- 100 g cake flour
- 10 g corn starch
- 20 g unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Whisk both types of flour in a bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix softened butter, powdered sugar and vanilla extract with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add in the flour and coconut to the mixture. use a spatula to mix. Instead of just stirring, use a mix of “cutting”, “pressing” and “scraping” actions to combine the ingredients. Mix until dough is just combined. Do not overmix.
- Wrap the dough with plastic wrap and keep it in the fridge to rest for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, preheat oven at 180°C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Remove the dough from the fridge. Shape dough into small balls, about 1 inch in diameter. You may need to rub the dough in your hands to soften it.
- Place cookie balls on the baking sheets and flatten cookies with palm of hand. Space cookies about 1 inch apart.
- Bake about 22-25 minutes or until they are lightly browned. After that, turn off the oven, leave the cookies inside with the oven door shut. Let the residue heat in the oven cook the cookies for a further 10 minutes.
- Take cookies out and let them cool on wire rack
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.