This Cookies and Cream Hot Chocolate contains crushed Oreos for a delicious flavored hot cocoa that will keep you warm this winter.
Yes, it’s another hot chocolate recipe! Hot chocolate was definitely on my mind the last few weeks. As I am writing this post now, I’m in Tokyo for a quick end-of-year getaway and it is freezing! (I’m sharing lots of photos on Instagram stories and Snapchat!) The weather temperatures don’t seem too bad, but the wind chill is the big factor.
So I have been drinking a lot of hot chocolate, coffee and tea to stay warm. No Cookies and Cream Hot Chocolate so far on this trip, but I’ll be sure to be making this one again when I get back.
The cocoa is actually one solid color when it’s done cooking, but when I added the whipped cream, it created a lighter brown layer that is a mix of hot chocolate with melted whipped cream. I was initially upset about it, but now I kind of like how it looks. Stay warm everyone!
If you like this recipe, you might like my cookies and cream cake, too.
Cookies and Cream Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 finely crushed oreos (see note)
- whipped cream optional
- Add milk, cocoa powder, sugar to a medium saucepan and bring to medium heat. Stir with a whisk until hot cocoa is smooth and uniform in color. Add in Oreos and stir until mostly dissolved. Pour into a glass and top with whipped cream, if desired.
- I recommend running the Oreos through a food processor or, if you don't have one, place them in a resealable bag and crush them with a meat mallet.
- The nutrition estimate does not include the whipped cream.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.