- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- powdered sugar for rolling
Preheat oven to 300°F.
Combine all of the ingredients other than powdered sugar in a mixer bowl. Mix well. (there were no instructions given for the order of mixing in the original recipe. I followed what I normally do mixing butter with sugar, and then adding eggs. I combined flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder in separate bowl and then mixed it with the butter sugar eggs.)
- Chill dough in the fridge for about an hour for easier handling.
Using a tablespoon, create a dough ball and drop it into the powdered sugar. Roll to coat. (If you want giant cookies, make your balls about 1 inch or about the size of a tablespoon. If you want smaller cookies, use a teaspoon. The dough spreads a lot as it bakes)
- Place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for 1-2 minutes before moving to a rack to cool completely.
- Store in airtight container
Recipe adapted from Brownies for Dinner