These caramel chocolate cookies are easy to make and each has a gooey caramel center. The cookies are stuffed with a Rolo candy so when they bake, it melts and creates a surprise inside when you take a bite.
I’ve seen a lot of cookie recipes on the web that have a rolo candy inside a cookie which results in a gooey caramel filling. I finally decided to try making them myself and was really happy with the results.
There’s something about finding an ooey-gooey caramel inside a cookie. It’s an exhilarating surprise and it’s pretty easy to make.
These are as easy to make as a regular chocolate cookie with the small added step of stuffing each with a rolo. It’s very easy to do.
- Unsalted butter
- Granulated sugar
- Large eggs
- Dutch-process cocoa powder
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Chocolate chips
- Rolo candies
How to Make Rolo Stuffed Cookies
Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add the eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly between each addition. Mix in the cocoa powder until well combined.
Add the flour, salt, and baking powder and mix on low speed just until the dough comes together. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Scoop two tablespoons of dough, roll it into a ball and then flatten it. Place a rolo in the middle and then mold the dough around it so it’s completely encased inside.
Place the stuffed dough balls on a baking sheet two inches apart. Bake them for 12 minutes or until the cookies easily slide off the parchment paper.
Storage and Reheating Tips
The caramel center will harden when the cookies cool so they are best served warm.
Cooled cookies should be stored in an airtight container and I recommend warming them in the microwave for a few seconds to warm them up so the center is ooey-gooey.
A rich chocolate cookie with a caramel filling – it was like eating a delicious chocolate bar.
More Ways to Use Candy
Here are a few more ways to use candy in cookies and mug cakes!
- Snickers Peanut Butter Cookies
- Candy Cane Peeps Stuffed Cookies
- Halloween Candy Mug Cake
- Easter Candy Mug Cake
Chocolate Caramel Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup dutch processed cocoa powder
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 24 rolo chocolate candies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Cream the butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Blend in the eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl as needed. Mix in the cocoa powder at low speed until well blended.
- Add the flour, salt and baking powder to the bowl and mix on low speed just until incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop up about 2 tablespoons of dough, roll into a ball and then flatten and stick a rolo in each one, then wrap back up into ball and place on the prepared baking sheets, and repeat process, placing balls about 2 inches apart. Bake about 12 minutes, until cookies are cooked and slide easily off of parchment paper. Serve while warm.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.