- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups large semi-sweet chocolate chips/ or chocolate chunks
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Cream the butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Blend in the eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl as needed. Mix in the cocoa powder at low speed until well blended.
- Add the flour, salt and baking powder to the bowl and mix on low speed just until incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop up a large tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. Place on the prepared baking sheets, and repeat process, placing balls about 2 inches apart. Bake about 13-16 minutes.