These cookies are for serious chocolate lovers. Rich chocolate cookies studded with chocolate chips will definitely satisfy your chocolate craving.
These cookies are not for the faint of heart. They are intensely rich in chocolate flavor. The cookie dough has a rich chocolate flavor and the chocolate chips add an even bigger punch.
I tried a recipe I found on Everyday Annie. She made her cookies giant. I chose to make mine more normal-sized and I’m glad I did because they were so rich.
I used the Ghiradelli semi-sweet chocolate chips from Costco which are bigger than the normal chocolate chips. You could probably use chocolate chunks instead if you want the same extra rich chocolate flavor.
- Unsalted butter
- Granulated sugar
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well between each addition. Add the cocoa powder and mix until combined, scraping the bowl as needed.
Add the flour, salt, and baking and mix on low just until the dough comes together. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Scoop a tablespoon of dough to form each dough ball and place them two inches apart on the baking sheet. Bake the cookies for 13 to 16 minutes.
Cool the cookies and store them in an airtight container for up to three days.
I like how easy these cookies are to make. It’s definitely a recipe to keep on hand when you get a chocolate craving. I’ll definitely make them again.
More Chocolate Cookie Recipes
- Chewy Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- Chocolate Espresso Cookies
- Gooey Caramel Chocolate Cookies
- Mudslide Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Rich Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups large semi-sweet chocolate chips/ or chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Cream the butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Blend in the eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl as needed. Mix in the cocoa powder at low speed until well blended.
- Add the flour, salt and baking powder to the bowl and mix on low speed just until incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop up a large tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. Place on the prepared baking sheets, and repeat process, placing balls about 2 inches apart. Bake about 13-16 minutes.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.