Peanut butter snickers cookies are a stuffed cookie recipe that are easy to make. Each cookie has a mini candy bar baked in the middle for a special surprise when you take a bite.
Peanut butter has been one of my cravings these last few weeks and so when I found some peanut butter cookies with snickers on Two Peas and Their Pod, I thought the combination sounded yummy.
After reviewing the recipe, I thought well, why cut the snickers into small chunks? Why not just stuff the peanut butter cookies with a mini snickers bar? I’ve made stuffed cookies before and thought it would work well for these cookies, too.
Easy Candy Bar Cookies
I got the inspiration for these cookies from Two Peas and Their Pod, but I decided to use a peanut butter cookie recipe I found on Pastry Affair.
Each cookie is stuffed with a mini Snickers bar. It’s like a little candy bar surprise when you take the first bite.
I love how they turned out, but I might try chopping up the candy bars next time and using them like chocolate chips in the batter. I’m sure it’s great that way, too, although there’s just something nice about a stuffed cookie.
- Unsalted butter
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Peanut butter
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Chocolate chips
- Mini Snickers bars
Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, vanilla, and peanut butter and beat until smooth.
Mix in the flour, baking powder, and salt, and then stir in the chocolate chips.
Take a large scoop of dough and place a Snickers bar in the middle. Smooth the dough over the candy so it’s completely covered with dough. Shape the dough into a ball and place it on a baking sheet. Repeat this process with the rest of the dough and space each ball one-inch apart.
Bake the cookies for 12 minutes or until they are lightly browned and they easily slide off the parchment paper.
I love how these turned out. They definitely cure a peanut butter craving and the candy bars in the center give the cookies a nice texture that’s a little gooey with crunchy nuts.
More Cookies Stuffed with Candy
- Rolo Chocolate Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cups Stuffed Chocolate Cookies
- Cadbury Egg Stuffed Cookies
- Candy Cane Peeps Stuffed Cookies
Peanut Butter Snickers Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- approx 12 mini snickers
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line baking sheet with silpat mat or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, vanilla, and peanut butter. Beat until smooth. Mix in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Take a large chunk of dough and place a mini Snickers in the middle. Smooth the dough over the Snickers bar until it is entirely covered and the dough is a round mound. Drop the round mound of dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silpat mat. Repeat with rest of the dough, spacing them about 1 inch apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 12 minutes until cookies turn a light brown color and the bottoms will slide off parchment paper.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.