Another holiday cookie recipe idea. I took the green tea sugar cookies I’ve made before and decided to add some dried cranberries to make them more festive. I debated between adding cranberries or pomegranates, but I figured the cookies would last longer with cranberries.
I love sugar cookies, and adding a bit of matcha powder makes these taste even better. The cookies are crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. The cranberries add an extra chew.
If you’re looking for another matcha cookie recipe you might like my Crispy, Chewy Matcha Green Tea Cookies, too.
Matcha Green Tea Sugar Cookies with Cranberries
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp matcha green tea powder
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). In a small bowl, stir together flour, matcha green tea powder, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Mix in the flour until combined. Mix in half the dried cranberries. Roll dough into balls about one inch in diameter and flatten slightly to create round discs, and place onto cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Place remaining cranberries on top of the surface of the cookies. I put about four on each one. Bake 8 to 10 minutes.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.