These cookies and cream cookies have a minty twist with crushed mint Oreo cookies mixed into the dough. They bake up soft and chewy with flecks of mint green cream baked inside.
I can’t believe the weekend is already over. Losing one hour seemed to make such a huge difference for me today. While I’m not happy with the loss of time, I was happy to see so much extra daylight. It gave me enough time to make and photo these cookies this afternoon.
I’m normally not a huge mint fan, but I make an exception for St. Patrick’s Day-themed foods. I had purchased some mint Oreo cookies and wasn’t sure what to do with them and then I realized I could make a mint version of my cookies and cream cookies.
I really like these. They taste chewy and sweet with just a small hint of mint. I like that the green color from the Oreos can be seen in the finished cookie as well.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Softened butter
- White sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Mint Oreo cookies
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth, and then beat in the egg and vanilla.
Add in flour mixture at low speed until the dough comes together. Add the Oreos directly into the dough and beat on medium-high speed until they are crushed and mixed into the dough.
Roll dough into balls about 1 1/2 inch in diameter and place onto ungreased cookie sheets lined with parchment paper about 2 inches apart. Press down gently on each cookie, so that they form round discs.
Bake the cookies for about 11 minutes at 350°F, or until they are golden around the edges. Cookies will be puffy when you first take them out from the oven, but they will flatten as they cool.
I have a lot of fun coming up with creative ways to use Oreos like this mint Oreos cookies recipe. If you want even more ideas be sure to check out some of my other recipes.
More Recipes with Oreos
Mint Cookies and Cream Cookies
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 14 mint oreo cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with silpat mats. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add in flour mixture at low speed until dough is formed. Add oreos directly into batter and beat on medium-high speed until Oreos are crushed and blended into dough.
- Roll dough into balls about 1 1/2 inch in diameter and place onto ungreased cookie sheets lined with parchment paper about 2 inches apart. Press down gently on each cookie, so that they form round discs.
- Bake about 11 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden around the edges. Cookies will be initially puffy when taken out from oven and will flatten after they cool.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.