Sticking with the classics, I recently made one of our favorite pumpkin recipes: soft pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. These cookies are soft and cakey with a hint of cinnamon.
It’s like combining pumpkin bread with chocolate chip cookies and getting both in one bite.
These are super easy to make. You don’t need a mixer and the batter is ready in about 10 minutes. It’s a bit sticky and messy to shape the dough because it will be very wet, but the end result is worth it.
I recently fiddled with this recipe and made some Nutella swirled pumpkin cookies. I really loved those, but I love these equally.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla and egg in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and salt. Add the flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and stir until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Take 2 tablespoons full of dough and drop onto cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart. When finished, try to shape the dough to resemble a cookie. The cookies dough should be round and flat and smooth, resembling close to the finished baked product because the cookies don't spread much during baking and will rise up. It helps to work with the dough if your hands are freshly washed and slightly damp.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly brown and firm. The cookie dough will be almost the same size and shape as the finished cookies as the batter does not spread much.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.