Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad mixed with cranberries, apples, pecans and Parmesan cheese. It’s a delicious Fall salad that feeds a large group.
I’m excited to serve this at Thanksgiving this year.
Two years ago, I fell in love with roasted brussels sprouts. I became convinced that it’s the best way to eat brussels sprouts. I’ve been making various roasted brussels sprouts dishes ever since and made my Ranch Roasted Brussels Sprouts last year for Thanksgiving.
This year, I discovered brussels sprouts salad and it has become my new favorite way to eat brussles sprouts. I was skeptical at first because I thought the brussels sprouts would be too bitter eaten raw. But they are shaved down into thin slices and then mixed with an easy vinaigrette which helps to soften and remove some of the bitterness.
The cheese adds some savoriness. The pecans and apples add crunch and sweetness. I couldn’t stop eating this. And of course, the biggest hurdle was to see if Mr. K would eat this and he absolutely loved it. I had a feeling he would because he loves vinaigrette.
It’s such an easy, stress-free salad to put together.
Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad
- 1 lb brussels sprouts thoroughly washed, ends removed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 medium apple I recommend honeycrisp, sliced into thin sticks
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- To make dressing, add olive oil, vinegar, honey, mustard into a bowl and whisk. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- To shave Brussels sprouts, either carefully slice thinly cross-wise with a sharp knife or a mandoline slicer. I prefer using a knife. Add sliced brussels sprouts to a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing. Toss sprouts thoroughly with dressing until they are evenly coated. Let sprouts sit for about 15 minutes to allow them to absorb the dressing and soften.
- Add in cheese, apples, pecans, and cranberries. Toss until everything is mixed and all ingredients are coated with dressing. Serve right away or store in fridge before serving.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.