As I continue my search for the perfect chocolate cake recipe and in order to try out my new Nordic Ware Platinum Collection Cast Aluminum Fancy Heart Pan*, this weekend I tried a recipe for sour cream chocolate bundt cake which I found on Food Librarian (a bundt cake Goddess).
The cake came out really pretty. And it was really easy to make even though melting chocolate is required. While I enjoyed the recipe over the previous chocolate cake recipes I’ve recently tried, it’s still not exactly what I’m looking for. I felt that parts of the cake were moist and but the outside was a bit dry. I even took the cake out early as to not overcook it. Perhaps next time I’ll try the cake with chocolate ganache and maybe add another 1/2 cup of sour cream. I’m still trying to find a perfectly moist and fluffy recipe.
*Some of the links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).
Sour Cream Chocolate Bundt Cake
- 3 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Combine the baking chocolate, butter and boiling water in a small bowl; stir until chocolate and butter are melted.
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add chocolate mixture to the dry ingredients; blend well. Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla; beat one for one minute at medium speed. Pour into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on a cooling rack for 10 minutes. Invert the pan onto the cooling rack and let cool the rest of the way.Top with powdered sugar.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.