An easy, one bowl recipe for a chocolate loaf cake. The cake uses yogurt to reduce calories and keep the cake super moist. It’s a simple cake that will satisfy your chocolate cravings.
Sometimes I’m just craving a simple loaf cake. Nothing fancy, no need for frosting, decorations, etc. Just a tasty, easy loaf cake. This is that cake.
One Bowl Recipe
You don’t need a stand mixer for this recipe. Instead, you can whisk all the ingredients by hand. One bowl recipes are my favorite as they mean less clean-up.
Texture and Taste
- The cake is very moist and fluffy, as a result of the use of yogurt.
- It has a strong chocolate flavor, which is enhanced by the espresso powder added to the batter.
- If you wish for an even stronger chocolate flavor, you can also add chocolate chips to the batter.
Chocolate Yogurt Loaf Cake
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp espresso powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 3/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350'F. Grease an 8 inch by 4 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and espresso powder. Stir in salt and sugar.
- Add yogurt, eggs, and oil. Whisk until batter is smooth.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Cool in pan before removing and slicing.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.