Southwest Black Bean Hummus Dip (and a Giveaway!)
This post is sponsored by BUSH’S® and SheKnows Media.
Black bean hummus is mixed with green chili peppers, fresh tomatoes and shredded cheddar cheese for a delicious spicy dip.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
I have to confess: I’ve never tasted a hummus made with black beans until now. And I love this one so I wish I hadn’t waited so long! This dip is great served with some tortilla chips or vegetables but I can also see it making a good spread for tacos, toast and more.
To make this hummus, I simply blended a packet of BUSH’S® Southwest Black Bean Hummus Made Easy, a can of BUSH’S® Black Beans and one sliced up green chili pepper. I then added some fresh tomatoes and shredded cheese. Super easy!
So far, I’ve shared my experiences using BUSH’S® Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Made Easy (which I mixed with paprika and served in individual homemade pita chip bowls) and BUSH’S® Classic Hummus Made Easy (which I turned into a beet-flavored hummus with the addition of a cooked beet). Now I’m sharing my experience using BUSH’s® Southwest Black Bean Hummus Made Easy.
I really enjoyed the spice and earthy notes from the black beans. This works so well as a dip or a spread.
BUSH’S® Hummus Made Easy can be found in the bean aisle at the grocery stores. I’ve had so much fun making my own hummus with the help of these packets. BUSH’S® Hummus Made Easy packets contain all the spices and other flavors usually needed to make hummus. You just need to add the beans. And it’s easy to add personal touches and customizations.
- 1 packet BUSH’S® Southwest Black Bean Hummus Made Easy
- 1 can BUSH’S® Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 small green chili pepper of your choice cut into thin slices
- 3 tbsp chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
In a blender or food processor, add packet, black beans, and chili pepper. Blend on high speed until everything is smooth.
Scoop hummus out into a serving bowl. Top with tomatoes and cheese. Serve with tortilla chips, vegetables, etc.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have. All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Southwest Black Bean Hummus Dip
Amount Per Serving (0.13 of recipe)
Calories 153 Calories from Fat 76
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8.4g 13%
Saturated Fat 2.3g 12%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.1g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.2g
Cholesterol 2mg 1%
Sodium 443.1mg 18%
Total Carbohydrates 13.3g 4%
Dietary Fiber 5.7g 23%
Protein 7.6g 15%
Vitamin A 1%
Vitamin C 34%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Now onto the giveaway!
In the comments section below, please tell me: What is your favorite type of hummus?
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 8/16/2016 – 8/31/2016