- 12 oz strawberries hulled and diced into 1/4-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 oz (6 tbsp) cold, unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- coarse sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine strawberries, lemon juice, and two tablespoons of granulated sugar in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, remaining sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Using a pastry cutter, cut in the butter to the flour mixture until coarse crumbs are formed. You can also use your fingers. Stir in the heavy cream until the dough starts to come together, then gently fold in strawberries.
- Using a 1 1/2-inch cookie scoop, drop dough onto cookie sheets, evenly spaced apart. Sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until cookies are golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe adapted from Pink Parsley, recipe from Martha Stewart Living