Holiday Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies
My holiday cookie list would not be complete without nutella chocolate chip cookies. Everyone in my family loves these.
I’ve been playing around with the ratio of the recipe ingredients for a while. As a result, the cookies always come out a little different. But all the versions are yummy. This version came out a little darker than my previous versions. I think it was the ratio of brown sugar vs white sugar. The colorful chocolate pieces make these cookies more holidayish.
Nutella chocolate chip cookies (adapted from this recipe)
2 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter (melted)
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar (not packed)
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup + 1 tbsp Nutella
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats.
2. Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt in a medium sized bowl.
3. In a separate bowl cream the butter, sugar and the brown sugar using an electric mixer. Add the eggs and the vanilla and mix on medium speed until combined.
4. Add in the flour mixture on low speed until combined. Then add in the nutella and mix on low speed until Nutella is incorporated.
5. Using a large spoon, mix in the chocolate chips.
6. Scoop large tablespoons of dough and drop onto baking sheets. I usually shape my dough balls so that they are smooth and flatten them a little, to make the cookies bake prettier.
7. Bake for about 8-9 minutes. Remove cookies from try and let them cool on wire racks.