I made these biscuits in a food processor and as a result, the chives and cheese got a little too chopped up for my personal preference. I would have liked seeing small chopped up chives inside by biscuits, but instead, there are just specks of green. The biscuits also sat in the oven a tad too long (I checked on them three minutes before the time on the recipe, and they were already starting to overcook!), but they were still salvageable.
|Cheddar Chive Biscuits|
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 2/3 cups of grated cheddar cheese
- 4 chives, finely chopped
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Put flour, baking powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a food processor. Then add in the butter and mix for about 10-20 seconds until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add in Cheddar and chives. Add milk and mix until dough forms, about another 20 seconds.
- Separate dough into 14 pieces. Drop dough onto baking sheet lines with parchment paper or silpat mat. I shaped my dough between my palms so they would have a smooth circular shape. Drop dough iabout 2 inches apart onto baking sheet. Bake in middle oven until golden, 12-15 minutes.