I’ve made breakfast cups before with toast, eggs and bacon. After making an easier version last week with egg and cheese, I thought I’d try it again, but this time I wrapped them with bacon!

Previously, the most time consuming part was cutting the toast, so this eliminates the toast portion. I didn’t really care for the toast in the cups anyway. I was always worried it would fall apart and I like my toast to be crunchy and hot straight out of the toaster oven.

Since I had purchased some precooked bacon from Costco, these were even easier. I think this is my favorite version of these easy breakfast cups.  FH adores these, especially with a runny yolk.

Print Print Recipe

Bacon Egg Breakfast Cups

Prep Time: 5 mins

Cook Time: 8 mins

4 eggs
4 slices of precooked bacon (if you are using raw bacon, make sure to heat it up so it is cooked about 50% before placing it into the molds)

1. Preheat oven to 400F. Spray muffin tin with pam spray.
2. Line muffin pans with bacon so that it circles each mold.
3. Break an egg into the center of each mold. Bake for about 8 minutes or until egg is cooked to the doneness of your liking. Serve while warm.

Adapted from Dine and Dish and Annie's Eats

45 Responses to “Bacon Egg Breakfast Cups”

1. Sandy — September 13, 2011 at 7:03 am

I like this version – sounds so easy especially with the Costco pre-cooked bacon! I had made a recipe similar to yours with bread cubes, eggs and chopped ham (instead of bacon), but had a hard time unmolding them. The bacon fat should make unmolding easier.

• Kirbie replied: — September 13th, 2011 @ 9:03 am

Yeah these were easy peasy. Took me about 2 minutes to set up and off into the oven they went.

2. ole — September 14, 2011 at 1:01 am

yummy. this is so easy and creative. it’s on the menu!

• Kirbie replied: — September 14th, 2011 @ 8:12 am

Hope you like it!

3. Paula — September 14, 2011 at 1:39 am

I also enjoy this version!!! It’s so funny to see how many things can made a muffin pan!!!
    Thanks for the new variation! :)

• Kirbie replied: — September 14th, 2011 @ 8:13 am

I never thought about it, but you are right. I make a lot of stuff in my muffin pans!

4. La Bonne Bouche — September 14, 2011 at 9:59 am

Great pictures!!!!!!!!!!! Love the idea, definetly my type of sunday breakfast.

• Kirbie replied: — September 14th, 2011 @ 2:04 pm

It’s easy to make, so it’s good for any day of the week!

5. Miho-chan — September 15, 2011 at 12:47 am

that’s a great idea with the muffin pan. I have silikon muffin forms but I guess it should work too ^^ I’ll have a try =)

• Kirbie replied: — September 18th, 2011 @ 12:10 am

I havent tried, but I think the silicon ones should work.

6. Maia — September 16, 2011 at 8:34 am

These would be great in mini-muffin tins, with quail eggs…breakfast appetizer anyone?

• Kirbie replied: — September 18th, 2011 @ 8:35 am

Oh quail eggs sounds good!

7. Evan — November 29, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Genius! Tried it today and they came out great:

• Kirbie replied: — November 29th, 2011 @ 4:39 pm

Thanks for sharing your photos!

8. Sandi — February 13, 2012 at 4:09 pm

I’m thinking about making these as part of my husbands valentines breakfast. I was curious if the pre cooked bacon is really hard or rubbery? Would the raw bacon be a bit more crispy? I’d love to save the time with the pre cooked but not if it’s hard to chew!! :)

Great idea by the way! Very creative.

• Kirbie replied: — February 14th, 2012 @ 9:03 am

Sorry I didn’t get a chance to respond to this until now. No, the precooked bacon is not rubbery. I’m not sure if you have worked with precooked bacon before, but even on it’s own, it needs a little heating up to get crispy and more cooked. I’ve worked with both precooked and raw bacon, and had the same result. The precooked one saves time because the raw one you need to cook it halfway before you put it in the oven or else it won’t fully cook and crisp up in time.

9. JD — May 2, 2012 at 11:52 am

These look great! I wonder how it would stand up with using a tortila as the base.

10. Barry from Rock Recipes — May 10, 2012 at 12:05 am

Oh dear… someone is stealing your stuff and translating it. http://www.saboresdochef.com/865/muffins-de-bacon-e-ovo

• Kirbie replied: — May 10th, 2012 @ 8:14 am

Thanks for letting me know. it really irks me to find my stuff somewhere else without my permission.

11. Barry from Rock Recipes — May 10, 2012 at 12:11 pm

I now exactly what you mean…believe me. I always let bloggers know when I find something I recognize. They stole one of mine too.

• Kirbie replied: — May 10th, 2012 @ 12:54 pm

Did you contact them? Did they respond? I am going to contact them but I don’t know what good it will do. Was thinking I might need to take stronger action.

12. Sarah — June 9, 2012 at 6:40 pm

I made these as a late-night snack. They were delicious! I will definitely make these again and I can’t wait to try the other versions!

• Kirbie replied: — June 10th, 2012 @ 9:32 am

Hmm, I’ve never had them for a late night snack before but that sounds like a good idea!

13. k — June 28, 2012 at 4:56 pm

Hi, Do these reheat very well? How long should I nuke them for?

• Kirbie replied: — June 28th, 2012 @ 10:14 pm

I would recommend eating them fresh or they will turn a little rubbery when you reheat. I’m not quite sure how long to nuke them for. Just long enough to make them warm, so maybe 15-20 seconds each.

14. Daily Woman — July 22, 2012 at 9:47 am

I love this recipe, is it ok if I pin it on my Pinterest account??
    We have chicken and I am always looking for new ways to make eggs.

• Kirbie replied: — July 25th, 2012 @ 9:19 am

I don’t mind you pinning it, just please don’t copy and paste the recipe into your pin. Thanks!

15. Lisa — August 4, 2012 at 8:15 am

I really enjoy your site,lots of awesome ideas to try. Im always looking for new stuff to make. Im going to make pancakes and these for a meal,but going to try scrambled eggs.

16. Barefoot — August 5, 2012 at 11:04 pm

The perfect snack. I’ve made two of these already. Yum. (And thanks.)

I am finding that the yolk cooks to hardness (in 8:30) while the exposed white on top is still very runny – anyone else experience this? Workaround?

• Kirbie replied: — August 6th, 2012 @ 8:29 am

I would suggest removing some of the egg white. The less egg white you have in there the faster it will cook and it should be done before your egg yolks are fully cooked. Or maybe you might want to try lowering the shelf that you put the tray on?

17. Dalai — August 6, 2012 at 4:30 pm

I saw this on G+ I think and thought it was a brilliant idea :) I don’t cook often, but when I do I try to have fun. And that was so easy, I could hardly believe.

I used raw bacon so it was a bit tricky to have them right – I pre-heat them in the muffin molds so they loose their shape a bit. But check it out : http://www.dalaifelinto.com/?p=529

Thanks

• Kirbie replied: — August 7th, 2012 @ 9:19 am

Thanks for sharing your photos! Yours look great. Yeah using raw bacon definitely is a little trickier. I always buy the Costco precooked bacon now and use it for these recipes especially because I like my bacon extra crispy

18. nicole — August 6, 2012 at 6:53 pm

Going to try this yummy! I think I’m going to try a few with a sausage patty on the bottom, sort of like the toast would have been on the old recipe my husband loves sausage, hopefully it works out okay!

• Kirbie replied: — August 7th, 2012 @ 9:18 am

I’ve done the sausage patty version too! Love it. I would recommend cutting a hole in the center of the patty for the egg yolk to sit in or else it runs off when you break it on top.

19. Lawson Culver — August 7, 2012 at 3:35 pm

I made these tonight… They were good!
    Pic – http://db.tt/qiZxNv4v

• Kirbie replied: — August 8th, 2012 @ 9:22 am

Yay!

20. Kime — August 12, 2012 at 7:26 am

Hi! I often make these on Sunday for my boys to reheat before school on Monday & Tues (if they last that long)! I also do ham cups and hash brown cups w/ assorted egg fillings, depending on what we have on hand. Easy, peasy!
    I thought you might like to know that my mom has been making these since I was a kid in the ’60s. These are a great idea, but they’ve been around a LONG time. I’m doubt you’d have a legal leg to stand on if you tried to claim the recipe as your own original idea.

• Kirbie replied: — August 13th, 2012 @ 8:55 am

I’m glad you enjoy making them. I agree there’s a lot of versions out there. I’m not trying to claim them as my original idea. I never say that in my post..this was just a version I made after trying other versions.

21. Mikachu — September 6, 2013 at 6:34 am

Sounds and Looks Delicious and Awesome
    I will make it for Saturday breakfast :)
    So exited cant wait to get stared :D

• Kirbie replied: — September 6th, 2013 @ 7:21 am

enjoy!

22. Hanna — November 23, 2013 at 7:16 pm

I was wondering if there was a way that I could reheat this so that it would still taste good. I was hoping to use this recipe for a school bake sale, but I don’t think we have time to make this during lunch and still have time to sell them.

• Kirbie replied: — November 24th, 2013 @ 9:54 pm

Hmm, I mean you can make them ahead and then heat them up again later in the oven. You just need to be careful not to heat to the point where the egg gets overcooked.

23. Craig — January 16, 2014 at 8:19 am

I came across your website by chance after googling something a saw on StumbleUpon. I have spent at least the past hour reading through your recipes and just wanted to say I think your site is great. It is saved to my favorites and I will have fun trying some of your recipes out.

• Kirbie replied: — January 16th, 2014 @ 10:30 pm

Hi! Glad you found my site! Hope you have fun with the recipes