A single serving of warm cobbler can be made in the microwave in a mug in less than 5 minutes. This berry mug cake is made with frozen berries and a sweet topping. Serve it with ice cream for a delicious cobbler for one.
I’ve been making a lot of fruit cobblers lately even though it isn’t quite yet summer. We’ve had a pretty crazy heatwave in San Diego the last two weeks so it’s definitely felt like summer. So, I decided it was high time I tackled making a cobbler in a mug.
Easy Berry Mug Cake
This single-serving version is so easy. It’s like a simple berry mug cake that has a cobbler topping made with oats.
There’s also a secret ingredient that cakes the cake part a really soft and light texture: lemon-lime soda. The carbonation lightens up the batter and keeps it from turning hard as it cooks. It also sweetens and gives the cake a citrus flavor.
- Frozen mixed berries
- Granulated white sugar
- Self-rising flour
- Sprite or 7-up
- Quick oats
- Sliced unsalted butter
Place the berries in a large microwave-safe mug. Sprinkle the cornstarch and some of the sugar over the top and then lightly toss to coat the berries evenly.
In a small bowl, whisk sugar and self-rising flour and then pour the mixture on top of the berries. Add the soda and sprinkle the oats over the top. Place the sliced butter on top of the oats.
Place a sheet of parchment paper on top of your mug cake and cook it at full power in the microwave for about 2 minutes.
Check on it and if there are any uncooked oats or flour, push them into the fruit mixture. Cook the cobbler for another 30 seconds and then let cool for a few minutes before serving.
I love this cobbler mug cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
You can switch the fruit to create different flavors: try frozen sliced peaches, frozen sliced strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries.
Instead of ice cream, you can serve it with a dollop of whipped cream, too.
I don’t know why it took me so long to try making one. Now I can have a warm cobbler whenever I want. It’s the perfect curl-up-on-the-couch post-dinner dessert while watching TV.
More Easy Microwave Cakes
- Banana Mug Cake
- 3 Ingredient Chocolate Mug Cake
- Gluten-Free Coconut Mug Cake
- Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
- Strawberry Mug Cake
Berry Cobbler Mug Cake
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 4 tsp granulated white sugar divided
- 2 tbsp self rising flour
- 1 tbsp sprite or 7-up
- 2 tbsp quick oats
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter sliced into two thin squares
- In a large, microwave-safe mug, add berries and sprinkle with cornstarch and 2 tsp of sugar. Slightly toss the berries with your fingers or a spoon so that they are coated in the cornstarch and sugar.
- In a small bowl, whisk sugar and self-rising flour. Pour flour mixture on top of berries. Pour 1 tbsp soda over the flour mixture (this will help keep the flour mixture soft, otherwise it will turn really hard in the microwave). Sprinkle oats on top of the flour. Spread the two slices of butter on top.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on top of your mug and cook mug cake at full power in microwave for about 2 minutes. Check on your cobbler. If there are any uncooked oats or flour, push them into the fruit mixture. Cook for about another 30 seconds (still covered with a piece of parchment paper). Let cool a few minutes before serving with ice cream.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.